What did you all get for CHRISTMAS!

6mm Remington

I got a CZ WOODCOCK over/under 12 gauge with beautiful wood on it! I've already shot ducks, pheasants, and quail with it!! Oh, and a pair of slippers.

I got the Benelli Nova 3.5 I talked about in firearms, a Cabelas 15" PRO vacuum sealer, some clothes and about $150 in gift cards. I was a goooood boy!!! (not gonna talk about the Stoeger I bought a week ago) :)

I got heavy duty hunting socks a pair of Gaiters,a heavy wool Lumberjack sweater and Thermal Longjohns.
I live I southern Az!... It's the thought that counts!:cool:

An interesting attitude adjustment.
Besides spending dawn on Xmas morning on Montana public land dusted with fresh snow and capped by flights of geese, with good dogs, a friend, roosters, and crisp air...
My wife and I went to my moms to have dinner with her and her husband - an 86 year old (mostly) blind Korean War vet, bonafide Montana cowboy, old fart, born in a mud house on Montana's Shields River. I've heard his stories of guiding sheep hunters in the 70's in the Absaroka's and elk on the Gallatin Divide in the 60's, filtering water through sand bags in 55 gallon drums to make coffee at the front in Korea, leading the Appy rides with horsemen from allover the country, and blowing up horse's wrecked in the Bob stories - for years.
Same thing yesterday before, during, and after dinner. I tend to begin to mentally check out after an hour or two.....
However, he's a true hard old timer who doesn't say please, thank you, or show much feelings often.
Last night on the way out the door he grabbed my wife and told her "thanks I really needed this little visit tonight". Caught me by surprise. Some gifts don't come with wrapping, a bow, and a return receipt...........

Last edited:
Nikon D500 kit along with a sigma 100-400, 2 dozen ghg commercial grade honkers, 2 dozen ghg pro grade full body mallards, 1 dozen ghg pro grade sleeper/rester full bodies, new snow covers for my layout blinds, and most importantly I got ito spend 4 full days in a row with my family after working my arse off all year.

Marmot zero degree bag, klymit static v pad and Alaska Guide Adventures Bino harness. Is it fall yet?

One of my sons made me a wooden flag.
20181226_084334-01.jpg
For many years I've been impressed with the 6.5 Creedmoor, I've shot many of them but never owned one. My family decided that should change but, they also know I like things a little different so they got me a barreled action in the "Quarter-moor." I guess I'll be a hipster grandpa.
20181224_140911.jpg

Marmot zero degree bag, klymit static v pad and Alaska Guide Adventures Bino harness. Is it fall yet?

I love my Static V

My wife and I celebrated our first Christmas as parents. Little Rinny had more fun with the paper than the gifts, but ended up liking his tractor. Unfortunately, we also got some variant of the flus... yes multiple... but we seem to have recovered now.
I did end up with an electric Char-broil smoker and a bunch of gift cards that are burning a hole in my desk drawer
A48FEF52-1D7C-4048-AB05-4ADA95B4A2FC.jpg

F4S, I really like that flag, better looking than the others I've seen like it.

I was on the nice list too. Hells Canyon Speed .300 WM and First Lite puffy.

Bear Spray Holster & GPS Pouch to complete my FHF collection.... then they just came out with the tech pouch, now I need that for my cell phone..... Use onXmaps on my phone more than I use my GPS anyhow. Also got a new Avian X 1/4 strut jake, bring on the spring thunder! GOBBLE!!

A couple of books, a new fly rod, and a tin of Tabasco spicy chocolate round out my top 3.20181226_205736.jpg20181226_205748.jpg.

But my best gift, which I got early, was moving to Montana and escaping the cesspool of the west coast

Back