What are your Signature Dishes?

2rocky

Life in the fire house requires this with the requirements that they be relativley easy, relativley cheap, and scaleable to feed a fair few. My 3 that are constantly requested:
Chicken Adobo
Chicken chile verde tortilla soup
Smoked tri tip

I make damn good mashers based on bon apetit's thanksgiving recipe as well.

Life in the fire house requires this with the requirements that they be relativley easy, relativley cheap, and scaleable to feed a fair few. My 3 that are constantly requested:
Chicken Adobo
Chicken chile verde tortilla soup
Smoked tri tip

I make damn good mashers based on bon apetit's thanksgiving recipe as well.
I would consider committing some arson if it meant clearing the firehouse to secure myself some smoked tri tip 😂

Smoked wild turkey pot pie, BLT, ribs, and chili

I’d consider these mine because I kill the turkey, grow the tomatoes, and came up with the rub and spice blend. Plus each one has some of my own personal particulars that make them a bit different and better than most.

They’re my go to dishes for get togethers. If I showed up with anything else everybody would probably freak out because they’d figure I lost it or the world was ending.

95367CDA-ED38-4EE2-B696-2F523CE3437B.jpeg4756D0A0-5889-4843-B83B-C8753C176F71.jpeg

Last edited:
I have three that I have invented. The first I call "The Stuff With Cheese On It." Originally it didn't have a name, but when the kids would ask me what was for dinner, and I would start to describe it, they would inevitably ask "Is that the stuff with cheese on it?" Thus, the name. It was originally made with elk but over the years has been made with elk, deer, bear, moose, caribou, and beef. I have yet to find a person who didn't love it. Even the people who hate wild game.

The second is called "Critter Pie" It was originally Pheasant Pie but as the pheasant started disappearing, I had to make it with other critters including but not limited to chucker, quail, (valley and Mountain) grouse, (Blue and ruffed) wild turkey, squirrel, rabbit, (jack, snowshoe and domestic) goose, (Canada, White Front and Gray Lag) as well as chicken and left-over Thanksgiving turkey. Another crowd pleaser but it has Curry in it so people who don't like Curry don't care for it.

The other is my version of "Jeager Schnitzel" When I was stationed in Germany, Jeage Schnitzel was my favorite dish but when I got home, I could not find a decent recipe for it, so I created my own. I think it rivels anything I had in Germany and is a thousand times better than what the local German restaurant serves.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back