Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bulls, hell holes, and empty Camelbaks

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Congrats on the bull! Great story!
F dehydration. I just went through a similar situation in Co. My hands kept cramping into claws on the knife/hide to the pt that I was having to pry them open. Makes me feel like less of a sissy knowing a guy that runs ultras went through the same thing. I had to talk to god about a lot of things on that trip.

Ps Cool layout w/ the countertops backing up to the windows and great looking dog 👍

Bracing legs on my shoulders, head, chin, back, neck, etc 😬
Been there done that. That leg still has life in it for some dang reason...its awkward and takes alot of energy.
Taking an elk up the mountain...well that speaks for itself. Only thing worse is when there is two feet of snow and steep. Did that by myself once...now I think before I shoot.
Great bull..you earned it. Enjoy the spoils.

Cool story thanks for sharing. I've run dangerously low on water before but your story makes me want to be a little more thorough with my hydration logistics.

I've run dangerously low on water before but your story makes me want to be a little more thorough with my hydration logistics.

Next time I hunt this ridge I’ll stash about 4 liters halfway down. Maybe more.

Well earned, congrats.

That’s a cool tag, glad you took advantage of it. Despite brutal country and low densities. Impressive to get it done.

I tried in 2010, wasn’t tough enough. Gonna go back soon, tougher and more seasoned, but also smarter, so I may choose to eat the tag this time 😂.

There’s elk packouts. Then Idaho packouts. Then FRANK packouts. You’re the man 🤛

Glad it shook out alright. I ran out once on an off trail elk packout, probably half as many hours though. I remember laying next to the creek for a long time just drinking and drinking, then having no voice the next day. Congrats on the bull!

Glad it shook out alright. I ran out once on an off trail elk packout, probably half as many hours though. I remember laying next to the creek for a long time just drinking and drinking, then having no voice the next day. Congrats on the bull!

Hey Snowy—speaking of nasty climbs and epic adventures, you have any new highcountry mule deer stories for us this year?

Back