Caribou Gear Tarp

What are your Signature Dishes?

The other is my version of "Jeager Schnitzel" When I was stationed in Germany, Jeage Schnitzel was my favorite dish but when I got home, I could not find a decent recipe for it, so I created my own. I think it rivels anything I had in Germany and is a thousand times better than what the local German restaurant serves.
Do tell...

The other is my version of "Jeager Schnitzel" When I was stationed in Germany, Jeage Schnitzel was my favorite dish but when I got home, I could not find a decent recipe for it, so I created my own. I think it rivels anything I had in Germany and is a thousand times better than what the local German restaurant serves.
You have my attention. I’ve made Hank Shaw’s version with great results! I’d be interested to try a different version!

3 cups of each:

Corn Chex
Rice chex
Wheat Chex
Pretzels (you can mix twists, snaps and sticks for extra bougie cache)
Pita chips, crunched into small bits
Costco mixed nuts - Costco is the best - no peanuts.

Stick of butter melted
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon season salt
1 tablespoon spoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder.

mix in a bowl & bake on cookie sheets for 1 hour at 250, stirring every 15-20 minutes.

Country fried deer steak. Take a whole muscle from a hindquarter and cut 1/2” thick slices. Use a meat hammer to “pound your meat”😉 for tenderizing. Make an egg wash with 2 eggs and 1-2 cups milk. Make a flour mixture with steak seasonings and salt. Mix well and add seasonings to taste. Ideally, dip in the egg wash and then put in a zip loc bag with flour, shake and coat well, and then place in the fridge for several hours before cooking. This can be done right before cooking if need be. Heat about 1/4-1/2” of olive oil or any oil at med-med high heat and cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes per side once the oil is hot. Served with mashed tators and gravy. The whole family loves it.

teriyaki/soy marinated antelope backstrap strips on lo mein. Slice backstrap to 2” long and 1/2-3/4” wide strips and marinate with about a 50/50 teriyaki soy marinade for a few hours. Cook your lo mein noodles however you prefer. I found a good easy on line recipe. Heat up about 1/4” olive oil on med high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes cooking to med rare and top on your lo mein. Good eats! FFF32501-2E68-46FB-82A7-23E62D7F57CC.jpeg

teriyaki/soy marinated antelope backstrap strips on lo mein. Slice backstrap to 2” long and 1/2-3/4” wide strips and marinate with about a 50/50 teriyaki soy marinade for a few hours. Cook your lo mein noodles however you prefer. I found a good easy on line recipe. Heat up about 1/4” olive oil on med high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes cooking to med rare and top on your lo mein. Good eats! View attachment 254676
I'm sure it tastes better than it looks. "Does your dog have worms?" came right to mind.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Bet it is great eating. If I ever shoot another stinky antelope, I'll give it a try.

On my way to go hunt this morning I was listening to a podcast with Jacques Pepin in which he was asked "what's the best thing you've made this past year" to which he responded (technically paraphrased but I'm going to put it in quotes because it's pretty close): "this is an impossible question to answer. If you are making food for yourself all the time then it all depends on the day. Objectively, probably a baguette with butter at breakfast. What is better than bread and butter?"

All that to say, I dont know if you could really narrow it to 3 signature dishes for someone who is cooking for the family most days. The 3 dishes I make that my wife likes the best? Backstrap, potato soup, and vegetable soup. The 3 dishes I think encapsulate the types of food I like to cook most? Roman pasta, backstrap, and sourdough bread.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back