Draws I'll put in for:
Alaska-sheep, goat, moose, bison,
Wyoming elk Hard to draw tags
Wyoming deer hard to draw tags
Wyoming antelope PP
New mexico-elk, barbary sheep
Arizona-sheep, elk, deer, antelope
Neveda-sheep, elk, deer, antelope

Probably won't draw anything but if I do I'll make the time to hunt it.

Other hunts will be lots of bird hunts with my dog-ptarmigan and grouse

Other outdoor trips
-Silver fishing week long trip with my dad
-rainbow fishing trip float with the wife in the summer.

Staying at home again I think, fishing and hunting, and maybe showing a couple of guys off the forum around.
But, never say never, I have to see what the exchange rates doing, even though I said to my wife it would be last time, and I would never return to Montana, it really does tug at me this time of year, but I need to borrow a rifle next time!
Too much damned hassle bringing one over via Heathrow airport!
We will see.
Cheers
Richard

What will you be putting in for?
WY youth elk for my oldest
West river tags for two boys and I
Refuge tag for me
Hills tag for myself

What else will you be hunting?
spring turkey
archery deer and antelope

Other outdoor trips
Scouting by Jackson hole with the family during summer time
Memorial Day camping trip

Applying for:
WY antelope
KY elk
ME moose

Preference Points:
WY elk/deer
CO elk/deer/antelope

Will hunt:
IL Archery/Firearm/muzzleloader Deer
IL spring turkey
Waterfowl,dove, and squirrel

After doing some checking it looks like Wyoming and Montana if at all possible. My plans change daily. lol

AZ everything. Don’t plan to draw. May get my hunter ed point. Might apply for an easy deer tag if I don’t draw deer in NM.

UT everything. Don’t plan to draw.

NM elk, deer, pronghorn. I’ll hunt anything third choice, so decent draw odds on deer and elk, but tough hunts to tag out. Might throw in on Audad and some big species if I have the cash.

WY points and possibly elk app, but not likely to be able to drive that far till my boy gets a little older.

CO OTC elk if I don’t draw one elsewhere.

TX mule deer, and possibly whitetail if I don’t shoot anything else. Plenty of cranes. Hopefully some ducks and geese.

Neat seeing everyone's plans. Here are mine.

ID: I'll hunt lions in Idaho with my hounds, but won't actually be trying to shoot one (unless I tree a monster with no one else there, which is not likely...if dogs get lucky on a bobcat, however, it will die). I usually spend more days doing that than anything else. Will also do OTC deer (bow/gun) and elk (bow) in Idaho as well as birds. I'll try to draw a goat tag again. 3-4 of us put in each each for some tag. No luck in 4 years for any of us.
NV: Put in for everything
CO: Sheep, goat, moose...points for deer, elk, antelope (just burned 10 pts on lopes, which does not get you much in CO)
MT: sheep and goat and will likely pull an antelope tag this year with my dad with a couple points banked up
WY: I am a year behind drawing a decent rut deer tag and likely will be forever unless a bunch of guys forgot to get their point this year with the new system. May burn a modest amount of antelope points
NM: put in for sheep and ibex
UT: put in for everything
May hunt Hawaii again this year.
Still have a draw bison tag to fill this season...then it is on to cats.

Maybe I will get more than just points for sheep and goats this year, but probably not...

Best of luck in the draws.

First, finish my 19/20 big game season with a late season antlerless elk hunt here in January;

Second, hunt black bear either at home or Montana, not sure which yet but hunting bears for sure;

Third, going to hunt turkey in Ontario; and

Last but not least, keep the rest of the year to figure out what I want to do next fall.

I’ll put in for points for deer, antelope, and elk in Colorado and Montana.

I’ll put in for the draw for Wyoming antelope and possibly deer, points for elk.

Back home it’s always spring turkey with 3 tags. Whitetail with a few tags, and all the ducks and geese I can knock down.

Also gotta take the boss lady to California to visit her parents.

Put in for:
Wyoming elk
New Mexico elk
Wyoming deer
Maine moose
Kentucky elk

Other trips:
SD black hills Turkey in May
Arizona javelina and coues in January

PP in:
Wyoming antelope
SD west river and black hills deer
Custer bison
Arizona deer, antelope, sheep, and elk
Colorado deer elk
Montana deer and elk

Going back up to Alaska for two weeks over July 4th to help my buddy with his cabin.
Apply for
New Mexico Elk and Mule deer
Wyoming Antelope
Wyoming Mule Deer
Arizona Coues

Points in Colorado for Deer, elk and pronghorn

hopefully to actually get to go hunting in 2020 instead of the 3 days of a joke i got this year.
moose
putting in for Mt goat, sheep, elk, and bison.

Last edited:
Too early for me to tell but considering the following:

1-WY rifle antelope
2-CO 1st rifle elk
3-Applying for the usual hunts in NM and AZ

We'll see what the new year brings along.

Last edited:
If I draw an Emperor tag I'll go to Cold Bay, if not then Cape Cod for waterfowl in Dec.
If I draw a Gould's tag I'll do that in AZ in May, and Axis Deer in Hawaii in Feb. If I don't draw the Gould's tag I'll do the Axis in May.

Might do archery bear in the Sierras before it gets banned like the bobcats and mountain lions.

View attachment 117254
I’m planning Archery Bear in CA. Specifically Trinity/Shasta area. How certain are you that bear is going to be banned?

My oldest grandchild will be turning 12 and next year will be his first hunting season. He called me up the other day and asked me if I could save opening day of deer in Idaho to take him hunting. No way do I miss that.
My youngest daughter moved into my cabin in Alaska and wants me to hunt with her next fall too. She wants moose, caribou and a white sheep. So does her dad.

Reactions: LCH
Back