What are your 2020 plans?

Gotta burn some points soon but not sure of yet plans.

I'd like to burn my WY Antelope Points. There are 3 of us in party with 6 points each.
Got more than enough OR Antelope Points (10)
Too many OR deer points (14)
Not enough Elk for CO ( 14) Or Oregon Elk (15)

Then I have my OR LOP tags.

Not finished hunting yet this year.
What are you gonna put in for with all those Oregon elk and deer points? Are you saving for some of those trophy NE unit hunts?

What are you gonna put in for with all those Oregon elk and deer points? Are you saving for some of those trophy NE unit hunts?
Save for either Walla Walla Or Wenaha. Just depends on what perspectives looks like when I get there. need about 18 to get Wenaha bull tag. I am so far now I might as well wait. Wont get a chance to wait another 20 years because I will be 70 plus so it'll be once in a lifetime Oregon tag. Started when i was 35 and in Colorado and Oregon to save points. I need about 20 for my Colorado tag.

I have been really lucky over the years to hunt some very cool trophy units outside Oregon. Then I was able to buy property in Oregon and have some really good bulls on it. I can get one of those tags via LOP if I want to. I have been just getting cow tags because with my work/kids my schedule is so hard. The cow tags are 3 months long and they eat well. Same with deer.I got more deer than I know what to do with on my property so getting tags for another unit is silly. Plus I am not really a die-hard deer guy. Not sure why I am saving those.

Save for either Walla Walla Or Wenaha. Just depends on what perspectives looks like when I get there. need about 18 to get Wenaha bull tag. I am so far now I might as well wait. Wont get a chance to wait another 20 years because I will be 70 plus so it'll be once in a lifetime Oregon tag. Started when i was 35 and in Colorado and Oregon to save points. I need about 20 for my Colorado tag.
I see, that all makes sense. I just started putting in for Oregon tags this year, and I drew my elk tag so I've only got 1 each for deer and antelope. I much prefer hunting east Oregon, so it's hard to justify waiting 15-20 years to draw those coveted units when I can hunt cows most years or bulls every few years in halfway decent units. Maybe I'm just shortsighted, but I think I'd rather take quantity over quality if quality means waiting 20 years to hunt my home state.

Tentative bow hunts planed
Alaska in August for caribou
Sept elk
October mule deer
November white tails and sitka black tails
winter mountain lion hunts plans as well

Have you been building pref points for Montana's non-res general big game combo? I was under the impression that most people ended up drawing for it since the demand was only slightly more than the opportunty. Is that not the case?
I have 2 pref point which should be a lock . 0 or 1 will be still decent odds but no guarantee. I didn’t draw this year but got a deer combo via alternates list

I have 2 pref point which should be a lock . 0 or 1 will be still decent odds but no guarantee. I didn’t draw this year but got a deer combo via alternates list
Interesting, and definitely good to know. I'll have to make sure we apply as a party when we put in. We're going in with 0 points. Thanks for the info!

Elk - location TBD
Deer - home state of SD and possibly try and cash in my IA points depending how draws play out
Antelope - mainly a fall back in case I don’t draw anything or get any other big trips setup

First big question I have is rather I aggressively try and spend my CO elk points or not... A lot of my application strategy will hinge on that...

Hopefully Wyoming elk on a general tag if I can find a partner. Perhaps an antelope hunt with a friend if she passes hunter safety😜 Aren't they messing with draw dates next year so that everything comes out at the same time? That would definitely limit the choices.
Yes. All should be in june

Mule deer wyoming general
Elk Wy General. Pack in the west
Lopes. Haven’t decided a zone yet
White tail eastern side.
Put in for moose. Prob won’t draw that tho.

Probably going to try for a Wyoming cow tag this year. I just bought another point there and would like to hunt a cow tag to know what I'm getting into before burning points and cash on a bull tag.

All other hunting and fishing will be here in NC. Going to try turkey hunting around Pisgah, probably the toughest terrain you could find around here. 2020 will also be when I start trying to draw some of the permit only deer hunts we have.

The only thing on my mind for next year is to find and kill a good mule deer. Feeling obsessed at the moment.

Applications:
Wyoming—long odds deer and elk
Utah—long odds deer and elk
Nevada—everything
Oregon—everything

Wyoming—antelope

Likely, next year will look a lot like this year (Oregon mule deer and cow elk tags) but I’ll take a full 10 days to hunt the buck tag, rather than the five I took this year. I still have a cow tag this year that’s good for a few more months, which hopefully I’ll be able to fill my very empty freezer with soon.

What will you be putting in for?
AZ Elk, pronghorn and Deer, already put in for 2020 javelina and turkey
Points for everything else here
Maybe ID Elk, still in the planning stage

What else will you be hunting?
Waterfowl, quail, dove, hopefully NY whitetail & ducks

Other outdoor trips?
Taking up fly fishing, so many fishing trips, hiking around AZ

South Dakota or Montana.

I would apply for Wyoming and hope for the random chance of getting drawn but I dont like how they ding you a credit card fee for everything even if you dont get drawn. Ticks me off.

work ,
eat,
sleep,
eat,
work,
eat,
sleep,
continue doing so till fall,
go out kill stuff,
when done ,
work,
eat,
sleep,
work ,
eat,
sleep.....……………...
Same here, I'm wondering where all these folks are getting so much vacation time...

Hopefully Wyoming elk on a general tag if I can find a partner. Perhaps an antelope hunt with a friend if she passes hunter safety😜 Aren't they messing with draw dates next year so that everything comes out at the same time? That would definitely limit the choices.

Where in WI are you? I'm hoping the same thing. Been deer hunting out there and see way more elk than deer, so I decided it's time to try.

What will you be putting in for?
WY elk general or type 9
WY deer general

What else will you be hunting?
WI whitetail

Other outdoor trips?
Hawaii (10 year anniversary)
Northern WI family trip in July

Only thing I have a chance at drawing is moose. If o don’t draw I’ll go OTC moose, elk, bear and whitetail again. Plus can’t forget birds

Wyoming:
Antelope PP
Elk PP
Reduced price/ second choice cow elk rifle
Mule deer PP

Montana:
Bighorn PP (going fore a ewe tag next year)

Colorado:
Elk PP

New mexico:
Either sex Elk

Texas for Sandhill cranes and dove

Oklahoma:
Archery whitetail
Muzzleloader whitetail
Rifle whitetail
Spring Turkey
Bobwhite quail, Rabbits, Squirrel
When hell freezes over I will draw an Oklahoma Elk tag