Virginia Gun Rights Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
VikingsGuy, I sincerely pray that when we must take a side and defend our beliefs, and I fervently believe that ultimately it will......that we’re on the same side! However, you already know that I do not support compromise! memtb

I fervently believe that ultimately it will......that we’re on the same side!

Props for that. Many, on either side, can't seem to grasp the concept.

giphy.gif

How can you tell when a lawyer is lying? His lips are moving.

On a more serious tip, please follow these 2 youtube channels. There isn't much good content left on youtube anymore and I find these guys extremely important.

Red Flag and Due Process...

It really boils down to this. SCOTUS will have to "interpret" the extent of Due Process, inclusive of the doctrine of incorporation, (14th w/in the 4th).

I'm certainly opposed to a crazed person who threatens death against others with the explicit intent and tools to follow through however, as our judicial branch is designed, it errs on the side of the defense and for good cause.

Example: Fruit of the Poisonous Tree doctrine... If, evidence is discovered by law enforcement via illegal means, it is not admissible for use and harms other evidence collected linked w/ this evidence. This has let many criminals off the hook. Why do we have this doctrine? Pretty self explanatory.

We are a country that *should err on the side of it's citizens and not overreach of the government. This is the Crux of "Red Flag". laws.

End drug prohibition. That is the only way.

I mean, yeah.

Prisons are full of non-violent offenders who were busted purchasing small amounts of drugs, which gives them less opportunity after incarceration to have a meaningful life w/well paid employment options. At the very least ,decriminalize weed nationally & abandon mandatory minimum sentences for NV offenders who weren't trafficking.

What policy issues do you think will improve areas with high gun violence? Not being a smart ass, serious question just wondering what your take is on this.

Here's an example of a potential path forward.

Here's an example of a potential path forward.

For the TLDR people out there, these are the most salient points.

“The common context among each of these cities – Richmond, Oakland, and San Francisco – is that they have adopted community-driven, non-law enforcement approaches, and they’ve been robustly funded,” said DeVone Boggan, who lead Richmond’s Office of Neighborhood Safety as it developed a nationally recognized fellowship program for men at highest risk of violence. Boggan now leads leads Advance Peace, an organization spreading that strategy to more cities.

“We have to extend the idea of what public safety is beyond policing and incarceration, to include these things like intervention, outreach and neighborhood empowerment,” Boggan said. “That’s the game changer. That’s the difference-maker.”

For the TLDR people out there, these are the most salient points.

“The common context among each of these cities – Richmond, Oakland, and San Francisco – is that they have adopted community-driven, non-law enforcement approaches, and they’ve been robustly funded,” said DeVone Boggan, who lead Richmond’s Office of Neighborhood Safety as it developed a nationally recognized fellowship program for men at highest risk of violence. Boggan now leads leads Advance Peace, an organization spreading that strategy to more cities.

“We have to extend the idea of what public safety is beyond policing and incarceration, to include these things like intervention, outreach and neighborhood empowerment,” Boggan said. “That’s the game changer. That’s the difference-maker.”
Can you please encapsulate this into a meme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back