Violation Yes or No?

They could have done better, but I could have too at times. I admit there has been times when I was wearing a orange vest and stopped to glass or eat lunch and was already sick of taking off my bino harness just to remove my vest, to then put it over my puffy i was putting on for the 15 minutes before I took it all off again.... Although these guys were waking around without much orange. I would't throw the first stone.

First, I know Wyoming hunting regs. I work closely with game wardens as part of my job delivering records on demand. The hunter orange is not a violation and it's usually a slap on the wrist. Game wardens will usually make you put one on if you have it, maybe a ticket if you don't have in possession. Not tagging your kill is a violation and is one of the signs of poaching. Wyoming has had outfitters lose their license allowing hunters to shoot illegally. Any reputable outfitter is going to make you tag your game before you pack it, because with an untagged animal, both you and the outfitter could get a ticket. Because the hunt was an outfitted hunt does not at all indicate it is not a poaching. Wyoming has had a couple of cases fairly recent where outfitters were charged with poaching. It is not a waste of time to ask a game warden to check out possible poaching when you see an untagged carcass carried out of the field. I do not see anyone in the video that would stand out as being an experienced professional guide. One of them may be a resident guide, but experienced guides will never allow you to transport an untagged carcass.
Isnt there a stipulation saying the tag can be removed during transport? Not saying that necessarily applies to this story. I'd have to look it up
The carcass coupon does not have to be attached to the animal while being transported. It does need to be filled out before moving the animal from the site of the kill though.

In a libertarian Utopia that never existed, are people that are trusted to determine for themselves which color clothing and how much of that color to wear.

Fill out the tag then put it in your pocket during transport, the tag must accompany the meat or the person transporting the meat. If you leave part of the animal in the field while packing meat leave one part of the tag on the meat in the field and have one part with you.

I'm gonna have to call the replay center in New York on this one. Mike Pereira will be chiming in soon with what the refs should be looking at in this situation.

I'll be posting a link to my Amazon store where everyone can purchase a pair of those stunna shades. Dink will be sale #1 - actually he'd probably get a free pair as a potential brand ambassador.

I was just hoping they would have got a shot at a wolf. I love that country up there.

But seriously> If someone has to talk to you about wearing an orange hat when hunting and that meets the orange requirement >>>>>your just a knucklehead. I can only imagine the other things not in order or that don't make sense in their actions. Or they did it to just get views?

Is there any proof they were actually in Wyoming? This is the internet, you know...

Is there any proof they were actually in Wyoming? This is the internet, you know...

Being in Lander and Crowheart is somewhat of a clue, but I guess they could have videoed those shots just for a diversion.

ClearCreek

This past fall I was in the field, parked next to a county road in Wyoming, waiting on a friend who was driving out of a hunting spot, because he had called me that he was low on gas. The game warden pulled in behind me and asked how the hunting was. I said I wasn't hunting, I was waiting on a friend. He asked if I had a license, which I did and promptly showed him when he asked for it. He asked where my orange was and I said behind the seat somewhere. I made no attempt to show and he couldn't see it.

My question is this: if I didn't have any orange, what would he have done? What could he have done? Buzz? ClearCreek?

This past fall I was in the field, parked next to a county road in Wyoming, waiting on a friend who was driving out of a hunting spot, because he had called me that he was low on gas. The game warden pulled in behind me and asked how the hunting was. I said I wasn't hunting, I was waiting on a friend. He asked if I had a license, which I did and promptly showed him when he asked for it. He asked where my orange was and I said behind the seat somewhere. I made no attempt to show and he couldn't see it.

My question is this: if I didn't have any orange, what would he have done? What could he have done? Buzz? ClearCreek?
Nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back