Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Violation Yes or No?

Addicting

I share this as possible hunters orange violations and if yes wether or not those bulls would then be legal. Curious to know your thoughts on it.
Really surprised these guys posted it.

In Wyoming, only the hunter has to wear at least one article of blaze orange, pink or camo orange outwear. Not a violation as far as the hunter orange goes. Wyoming is liberal on how you wear it and how much. However, first thing you do in Wyoming is tag your animal I don't see a license on the antlers or anywhere else and I don't see any attempt to tag the animal in the video. Could be a poaching and you may want to report this to the game and fish poaching link on the website. I froze it when they hauled the antlers on a horse and no tag is visible on it or any of the carcass bags.

I do not know Wyoming law enough to make a statement either way if that is a violation or not. If it is a violation I am definitely not such a hard liner that I think those bull should be declared illegal. A hunter orange violation should be the equivalent of a seatbelt ticket in my opinion. It did not look like any obvious egregious violations occurred and if anything the outfitter should be reprimanded for not enforcing safety. I understand it’s everyone’s personal responsibility to know the regs. I completely disagree with @WyoDoug on reporting it. It was an outfitted hunt, I think he even mentioned the outfitters name and the chances of it being an actual poaching event is ridiculously unlikely and there is no point in having them be grilled over the fine details to find what might amount to a procedural error. Plus it would quite frankly waste a game warden’s time taking them away from handling other problems. I would hate to overshadow the memories of a couple of guys first elk with a bunch of busy bodies stirring up trouble where it is not necessary. Doug I am not calling you a busybody and definitely mean no offense but I think that’s what the end result would amount to and they would just feel harassed needlessly. Just my .02 cents

I do not know Wyoming law enough to make a statement either way if that is a violation or not. If it is a violation I am definitely not such a hard liner that I think those bull should be declared illegal. A hunter orange violation should be the equivalent of a seatbelt ticket in my opinion. It did not look like any obvious egregious violations occurred and if anything the outfitter should be reprimanded for not enforcing safety. I understand it’s everyone’s personal responsibility to know the regs. I completely disagree with @WyoDoug on reporting it. It was an outfitted hunt, I think he even mentioned the outfitters name and the chances of it being an actual poaching event is ridiculously unlikely and there is no point in having them be grilled over the fine details to find what might amount to a procedural error. Plus it would quite frankly waste a game warden’s time taking them away from handling other problems. I would hate to overshadow the memories of a couple of guys first elk with a bunch of busy bodies stirring up trouble where it is not necessary. Doug I am not calling you a busybody and definitely mean no offense but I think that’s what the end result would amount to and they would just feel harassed needlessly. Just my .02 cents

If your going to produce a channel and put it out there for all the world to see then you should go above and beyond to ensure your legal. Purposely not wearing orange for the footage you want to post is quite stupid. There is a reason they did not show the shooters taking a shot and there is an abrupt edit to the footage.

So if there Outfitter allowed it here what makes you think they haven’t done worse. They should be held to a higher standard and encourage legal hunting practices.

This is why I read the state regulations very closely. I do not want to ever be close to a rule or regulation infraction or violation of the law. First reason I don't want to lose hunting privileges. Second I want to be prepared when traveling outside my home state, I find this helps residents and game wardens more willing to help. Third we are all ambassadors for hunting and an informed hunter helps get the correct message of hunting is conservation across to the general public. The video to me just shows lack in procedural awareness by the hunters and outfitter. Game warden would have got them on track, unless he/she was having a bad day.

If your going to produce a channel and put it out there for all the world to see then you should go above and beyond to ensure your legal. Purposely not wearing orange for the footage you want to post is quite stupid. There is a reason they did not show the shooters taking a shot and there is an abrupt edit to the footage.

So if there Outfitter allowed it here what makes you think they haven’t done worse. They should be held to a higher standard and encourage legal hunting practices.
I don’t completely disagree but I also don’t think it’s worth grabbing the torches and pitchforks. And as far as producing a YouTube channel that bar is pretty low, I would not think to expect a higher standard from guys on YouTube. I don’t know who they are and I’ve never seen their other stuff so I could be wrong but I’m willing to give them the benefit of a doubt.

I share this as possible hunters orange violations and if yes wether or not those bulls would then be legal. Curious to know your thoughts on it.
Really surprised these guys posted it.

I'm going with kip on a low bar standard. Anyone can have a YouTube channel and it seems to be very very popular with folks in the hunting and outdoor industry. I agree with the fact of if your gonna have a "show" make it legit and completely legal. Unfortunately it's just too free of an "express" yourself freely and raw world anymore. So again your not always gonna get first round draft picks. Maybe they'll come back and say that "Wyoming's laws are too discriminatory towards them"........ that seems to be working these days. Haha

First, I know Wyoming hunting regs. I work closely with game wardens as part of my job delivering records on demand. The hunter orange is not a violation and it's usually a slap on the wrist. Game wardens will usually make you put one on if you have it, maybe a ticket if you don't have in possession. Not tagging your kill is a violation and is one of the signs of poaching. Wyoming has had outfitters lose their license allowing hunters to shoot illegally. Any reputable outfitter is going to make you tag your game before you pack it, because with an untagged animal, both you and the outfitter could get a ticket. Because the hunt was an outfitted hunt does not at all indicate it is not a poaching. Wyoming has had a couple of cases fairly recent where outfitters were charged with poaching. It is not a waste of time to ask a game warden to check out possible poaching when you see an untagged carcass carried out of the field. I do not see anyone in the video that would stand out as being an experienced professional guide. One of them may be a resident guide, but experienced guides will never allow you to transport an untagged carcass.

Last edited:
Here is what the regulation says...

"Anyone who is hunting big and trophy game during an open firearm season is required to wear one exterior garment of fluorescent orange or fluorescent pink, and it must be visible from 360 degrees. This could include a hat, shirt, jacket, coat, vest or sweater. Fluorescent orange camouflage or fluorescent pink camouflage are also legal. Make sure you don’t cover your fluorescent hat with your hood!"

So, I would say the guy with the hat strapped to his pack is probably in violation. Tough to say that orange is visible from 360 degrees.

That said, surely not the crime of the century.

On the other hand, Wyoming is not out of hand with regulations, and I don't understand why people just cant comply with the basic regulations Wyoming has. Its not that tough.

Last edited:
First, I know Wyoming hunting regs. I work closely with game wardens as part of my job delivering records on demand. The hunter orange is not a violation and it's usually a slap on the wrist. Game wardens will usually make you put one on if you have it, maybe a ticket if you don't have in possession. Not tagging your kill is a violation and is one of the signs of poaching. Wyoming has had outfitters lose their license allowing hunters to shoot illegally. Any reputable outfitter is going to make you tag your game before you pack it, because with an untagged animal, both you and the outfitter could get a ticket. Because the hunt was an outfitted hunt does not at all indicate it is not a poaching. Wyoming has had a couple of cases fairly recent where outfitters were charged with poaching. It is not a waste of time to ask a game warden to check out possible poaching when you see an untagged carcass carried out of the field. I do not see anyone in the video that would stand out as being an experienced professional guide. One of them may be a resident guide, but experienced guides will never allow you to transport an untagged carcass.

I'd say first you don't know the hunting regs...

On the other hand, Wyoming is not out of hand with regulations, and I don't understand why people just cant comply with the basic regulations Wyoming has. Its not that tough.
This. It's unlikely an issue but if your gonna take the trouble of strapping to your pack why not just wear it and be safe. Whether it be safe from a ticket or having an accident.

Isnt there a stipulation saying the tag can be removed during transport? Not saying that necessarily applies to this story. I'd have to look it up

Last edited:
I don’t completely disagree but I also don’t think it’s worth grabbing the torches and pitchforks. And as far as producing a YouTube channel that bar is pretty low, I would not think to expect a higher standard from guys on YouTube. I don’t know who they are and I’ve never seen their other stuff so I could be wrong but I’m willing to give them the benefit of a doubt.

I’m not grabbing any pitch fork. I do believe the Warden should be made aware. It is completely up to them wether a violation occurred and if it worth wild to do anything about it on the individual hunters.

However, If the outfitter allows that kind of hunting from clients then that Outfitter should be on the Wardens watch list or at least getting compliance checks.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back