Caribou Gear Tarp

Vibing a bear tag. Is it the right thing to do? Poll

Is it ok to hunt just a bear tag in an Otc elk unit in Colorado this fall?

• Yes.

Votes: 84 98.8%
  • No. You’re not core.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
No just sleep with your gun, that’s always my theory on concurrent bear tags during the rifle seasons. If a bear wants to get my food it’s gonna have to fight me for it. And it would make a hell of a story! Hopefully a set of claw marks across the chest!

Probably also the best way to kill a bear in Colorado, since apparently all the hunting ways are nearly impossible...

Yes. Hell, grab two, most of the leftovers are B tags. Chat it up with the elk hunters and, like others said, they might turn you on to a carcass. Too many Yogis in our woods but they're still darn hard to hunt spot and stalk. Word to the wise...predator calls do work, but they'll spook the deer and elk, and irritate those hunters, around you. I've had bears come in to nice, calm, high-pitched cow mews before, those are probably safe.

Yes. Hell, grab two, most of the leftovers are B tags. Chat it up with the elk hunters and, like others said, they might turn you on to a carcass. Too many Yogis in our woods but they're still darn hard to hunt spot and stalk. Word to the wise...predator calls do work, but they'll spook the deer and elk, and irritate those hunters, around you. I've had bears come in to nice, calm, high-pitched cow mews before, those are probably safe.
I called my bear in with an elk diaphragm first doing low- long coyote howl then after a couple minutes switched to a pup distress.. bear came down the tree toward us real quick. Don’t call unless you’re setup. even after 100 failed attempts… multiple times I’ve had elk keep grazing after a coyote call when I thought they’d bump. The deer bump on coyotes but are intrigued by distress most times for me..

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back