Caribou Gear Tarp

Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on. Let's not lock this thread.

I voted for neither of the two. This morning, my facebook feed is filled with chicken littles and gloating self proclaimed patriots.

Trump supporters of this morning remind me a lot of Obama supporters on this day in 2008. They think the world will instantaneously be fixed, they are pie eyed and optimistic. The smell of their naivete could clear a room. It's cute.

If you wanted Clinton to win, it's probably not as bad as you fear. If you wanted Trump to win, prepare for disappointment. On the bright side, it's November and I have tags in my pocket.

I been too busy packing,& cooking for my deer hunt to worry about it much....

Come on. Let's not lock this thread.

I voted for neither of the two. This morning, my facebook feed is filled with chicken littles and gloating self proclaimed patriots.

Trump supporters of this morning remind me a lot of Obama supporters on this day in 2008. They think the world will instantaneously be fixed, they are pie eyed and optimistic. The smell of their naivete could clear a room. It's cute.

If you wanted Clinton to win, it's probably not as bad as you fear. If you wanted Trump to win, prepare for disappointment. On the bright side, it's November and I have tags in my pocket.

^^^^^^^^ Are you my long lost brother from another mother? Those words could have come right off my keyboard. I give the honeymoon a couple weeks until reality sets in. Trump has a lot of expectations to meet before the frustration that propelled him to victory is turned on him. I can only hope that he surrounds himself with competent people and can control his ego enough to govern like a president and not a frat boy.

On the state level, at least Bullock and Sandefur won. This is good for public lands. Republican controlled Congress and Trump, not too hopeful.

Montana's land board is now controlled by Republicans from what I understand...Public lands may not be completely out of trouble even at the state level.

Just remember that winner or loser, you need to treat your neighbor with respect. Do you want to be a sore winner or loser, or do you want to work as a nation to be better. I see a lot of sore winners on this thread. And don't cope out and say "well the other side". Then we'll never get started healing. And winner or loser, if you can't see that this nation needs to heal....well you are an idiot. I am fearful of what this country becomes if Trump continues the persona of the mean person he put out. Its one thing for people to run a campaign of ideas, but he ran a campaign of being mean. If you can't see how fearful a lot of people are of him as a person, then I can't help you. And I will look to Trump to be presidential and make a speech that does that. I'm hopeful, but I'm scared he won't. I heard Herman Cain give an interview yesterday morning that was remarkably of that vain. Hopefully Trump acts the same.

People on all sides of the aisle have started to get really mean. Nasty in the campaign, nasty in the win, and nasty in the loss. I see it here and a lot of places. THAT pains me the most. We are becoming a country where we get used to saying mean and nasty things in the anonymity of the internet and its starting to spill over in to daily life. This election shows that. Ideals of the candidates aside. Today can be a new start of unity or it can be just the beginning of a very, very bad path.

2ski, I could not agree more. Have class, grace, and dignity, and act like you've been there.

I am a Trump fan. Not comfortable that Republicans carried the House, Senate and President. Federal public lands could be in trouble.

Speaker Paul Ryan just said
"to the ranchers and loggers of the West who have been harassed by the department of interior help is on the way"

I'd love to know the true statistics of who voted for Trump vs. who voted against Hillary.....

It's only going to get more bazaar!

Shoots it was already a bizarre bazaar....

Ben:

I saw her today at the reception
A glass of wine in her hand
I knew she would meet her connection
At her feet was her footloose man
No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need
We went down to the demonstration
To get your fair share of abuse
Singing, "We're gonna vent our frustration
If we don't we're gonna blow a fifty-amp fuse"
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need
I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And man, did he look pretty ill
We…

Montana's land board is now controlled by Republicans from what I understand...Public lands may not be completely out of trouble even at the state level.
Bullock will be the only D. I'm not sure how crazy Fox is, but is doesn't matter since at least 3 of the 5 are in favor of transferring fed lands to the states. While they aren't in a position to do so, they will lay the groundwork and also manage the state lands with that mindset. They also have supported "no net gain" so that means no more purchases of wildlife habitat or even managing for wildlife in general. Rosendale is a government hating land developer from the East Coast so it wouldn't surprise me if some sweet deals are made to "shrink government oversight."

Well, at least we know that if we take over the land and hold it by force of arms, nothing will happen to us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back