Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Truck camping stove

mtmiller

This probably should have been placed elsewhere, but Fireside get lots of views, so asking here. I backpack quite a bit, but also spend a crapload of time "camping" in the backseat of my pickup. Often I order pizzas and munch on those while out and about, but I should looking into a better cooking device than my MSR backpack stoves. Any recommendations a durable, easy to maintain stove that I can cook a steak and have an extra burner. I get a pro deal with Primus and looked at the Turnpike Stove, but I don't know how it compares to what others have experienced. thanks for any thoughts....

Pretty sure @Randy11 had some thoughts, but I forgot where I saw that info.

Last edited:
been beating up the same Coleman propane stove for like 18 years and it looks new. Get a small 5lb propane tank and hose adapter and it'll run forever. I also have a small charbroil grill that I tailgate with for meat.

I've considered the Camp Chef Oven combo just for kicks. JR has a nice 3 burner Camp Chef thing that you can change out for even a pizza oven

I picked up a used three burner guide series coleman 15 years ago, works like a champ, though I really only need a two burner one.

I've always been fond of the coleman roadtrip classic. Folds up small and heats evenly.
Screenshot_20200124-124224_Chrome.jpg

This is what I use while truck camping, which tends to be most of my camping anymore. It has been very durable and still functions like new. I use the grill far more often than the burner.

@Randy11 hates it as he can only percolate one pot of coffee at a time on it.

Attachments

• ed7ec1d91258159592c637145fee6890.jpg
    ed7ec1d91258159592c637145fee6890.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 17
This is what I use while truck camping, which tends to be most of my camping anymore. It has been very durable and still functions like new. I use the grill far more often than the burner.
I have one of these ones also. It's been very durable.

been beating up the same Coleman propane stove for like 18 years and it looks new. Get a small 5lb propane tank and hose adapter and it'll run forever. I also have a small charbroil grill that I tailgate with for meat.

I've considered the Camp Chef Oven combo just for kicks. JR has a nice 3 burner Camp Chef thing that you can change out for even a pizza oven

I've got almost the exact same story. My girlfriend gifted me mine almost 20 years ago and it's been bouncing around the back of my rig since. Never even cleaned it and it still works like brand new.

@Randy11 hates it as he can only percolate one pot of coffee at a time on it.

It's not my fault you don't drink coffee like the rest of the civilized world. I feel like we're taunting the camping gods and I need to double up to make up for you.

I used this throughout the hunting season this year because I was hunting out of my truck a ton. It’s our family camping grill and we have used it for years. I’ve cooked steaks,chicken,hot dogs and have cooked soup in its can on it. For the money they are hard to beat. The legs fold up so it’s somewhat compact. For the price it can’t be beat and if it gets beat up you aren’t out anything.

The Tupike looks nice. I'm still rockin my dad's Coleman from the 70s when truck or teardrop camping.

Yep, the beat up old Coleman gets it done for me, and when that one finally dies, I have another old one in mint condition that's going to replace it...

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back