PEAX Equipment

Truck camping stove

Yes, a 4-pack should be more than enough....for a few weeks of camping.
Yes no doubt a 4 pack is enough. When storms hit the Midwest last week we lost power for a week.....fed my family of 4 by cooking on a 2 burner Coleman stove and used less than a 1lb tank.

Big fan of the Jet Boil two burner Genesis for car camping. Runs off the small green propane canisters. You’re not hiking it anywhere, but it’s as fast and efficient at cooking as Jet Boil is at boiling water.

I still have the Coleman I bought at a yard sale in Rogue River 35 years ago for $2,still works. Was 20 yrs old then.
Have a newer version I take on camping trips,only 20 yrs old.
A MSR multi-fuel is always handy I have found.
I still use an old Coleman lantern too......

I have an old two burner I found for $20 on CL. It works well, but it's used. Then I found one at a pawn shop, brand new, and got it for $15. Stupidly, I passed it along to a friend for cost, instead of taking the new one for myself.

But they're bombproof, and I love them.

+2 on the Coleman white gas. Actually +3 as I have a one burner, too
Dead cheap at thrift stores and yard sales and you can get parts to fix them yourself.

I have very fond memories of breakfast being cooked on one of those old Colemans from the 80's, while camping on the river islands as a boy.

I still have the Coleman I bought at a yard sale in Rogue River 35 years ago for $2,still works. Was 20 yrs old then.
Have a newer version I take on camping trips,only 20 yrs old.
A MSR multi-fuel is always handy I have found.
I still use an old Coleman lantern too......
That’s cool it lasts that long And is still going they definitely don’t make Stuff like they use to

Camp Chef mountain series Everest model. Has high btu output and can also simmer. Very reliable in my opinion.

That’s cool it lasts that long And is still going they definitely don’t make Stuff like they use to
I've gone thru 2 propane Coleman stoves & 3 lanterns. They break easy.
The old ones weight more but always seem to work & I can find parts still.

I've gone thru 2 propane Coleman stoves & 3 lanterns. They break easy.
The old ones weight more but always seem to work & I can find parts still.
[/QUOTED.

Ive got quite a few old Colman lanterns I’ve gotten from yard sales and they all still work or have had to put very minimal parts on them My wife actually complains about me buying them and thinks I have to many but I bought some to give to my kids they last so long if taken care of.

I recently switched to the Coleman Dual Fuel stove. Runs on white gas or gasoline. For 6 bucks, you can buy an adapter that allows it to run on propane as well. Perfect emergency stove and versatile in the elk woods. I switched to white gas because when you are running a propane lantern and stove for a week, you do go through quite a few canisters. They just take up room and I feel wasteful tossing the disposable containers. White gas is the way to go!

White Gas is just regular unleaded fuel y'all.......Coleman 2 burner. Have had 2 in the family since I was, maybe, 5yr old, I'm 65 now . Only reason for 2 is cuz Dad wouldn't give me his.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back