PEAX Equipment

Thoughts on this bailout and “stimulus”?

and I forgot to mention earlier.....props to Nikki Haley, it seems there are a few principled individuals still out there.
Im torn. On one hand, if she was really principled she would have told Boeing she didn’t know anything about building airplanes and turned down the $300,000/yr “job”. On the other, no sane person would turn down the job if offered.
I’m sure we will hear about here plane-building knowledge in 2024.

What did the airlines do with their tax break? What did they do with their earnings over the past decade since the last bailout?

What are the renewable credits? Just extension of ITC/PTC? I'm guessing banks are for it. I was part of nearly $500M of financing for rooftop solar, that's a shitload of boots on rooftops installing.
Banks are in deep doo doo right now. I'm sure they are for anything that might keep them a float. I've read so many articles in the past several years crowing how solar is competitive with all the carbon emitting energy sources. Why would they need subsidies now?

Trying to inject an agenda into an emergency bill is the very definition of playing politics.

Follow up thought since nothing in Washington is as it seems. Nancy and Co don't really want any of the reasonable stings to be attached.....they didn't in 2004, they didn't in 2009, they didn't in 2017. They've sided right along with Republicans like they're bowing to their Sith Lord.

So, they need to look like they're are doing something and creating a false set of teeth. The D's set the dance, the R's follow right along and the tribes circle the wagons.

The inverse example of this is the Rs don't really want to advance any pro gun legislation while acting like they do. See the Hearing Protection Act in 2017.....they had the House, the Senate and the Oval office yet the bill didn't even make it out of the gate....or did they hold it over the D's head in order to advance the tax bill of 2017?

Last edited:
Banks are in deep doo doo right now. I'm sure they are for anything that might keep them a float. I've read so many articles in the past several years crowing how solar is competitive with all the carbon emitting energy sources. Why would they need subsidies now?

Same reason any energy needs subsidies, American Jobs. Boots on rooftops and roughnecks in the field can't be outsourced.

Will the panels on the rooftops be outsourced? That's the biggest cost of solar. On site assembly is a minor cost.

Let's put this thread back on track after this.

Assuming you mean manufacturing cost? I guess yes? We've never had the ability to manufacture here, just like the entire semiconductor/computing industry, it's always been done overseas.

That said, here's the cost mix for each category of project. Module cost isn't as big as you might think for Residential/Commercial. EPC by far the biggest component of "soft costs".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.14.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.14.31 AM.png
    652.8 KB · Views: 5
Let's put this thread back on track after this.

Assuming you mean manufacturing cost? I guess yes? We've never had the ability to manufacture here, just like the entire semiconductor/computing industry, it's always been done overseas.

That said, here's the cost mix for each category of project. Module cost isn't as big as you might think for Residential/Commercial. EPC by far the biggest component of "soft costs".
To get this thread back on track, stuff your favorite cuts of pork into this bill at your parties risk Nancy. People are watching.

I am not sure I want our government to start getting into owning companies. Make it a loan not a bailout/free money

Agree, but then we should get a 10% return on the loan, and we should ensure that any profits are given to the workers rather than executive bonuses, etc. We can set the terms of the loan, and they can either take it or not. Won't hurt my feelings if we have one less company to bail out.

Agree, but then we should get a 10% return on the loan, and we should ensure that any profits are given to the workers rather than executive bonuses, etc. We can set the terms of the loan, and they can either take it or not. Won't hurt my feelings if we have one less company to bail out.
I am all good with what ever % of return on our money and ok with some hooks that say they need to pay it off before they buy back stocks/bonuses. Also think that they should know that this is a one time deal. Then they can go back to running the company how they want but the next time they are SOL

I am all good with what ever % of return on our money and ok with some hooks that say they need to pay it off before they buy back stocks/bonuses. Also think that they should know that this is a one time deal. Then they can go back to running the company how they want but the next time they are SOL

They're banking on us bailing them out again. Just like we did in 08. Iceland jailed it's bankers, we gave them golden parachutes for tanking our economy & stealing our savings.

They're banking on us bailing them out again. Just like we did in 08. Iceland jailed it's bankers, we gave them golden parachutes for tanking our economy & stealing our savings.
I am all for letting them go, if it is a viable business someone will take it over. you here about all these companies that are to big to fail but are the one that are saying they cannot make it. How big of ranch do you need before it is to big to fail

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back