Thoughts on this bailout and “stimulus”?

Why do we get to write them free checks...again?

That said, what are the specifics? What's the rate of reduction, is it achievable? Couldn't increase fuel efficiency and lower cost in the long run?
Maybe and if so write a bill and present it to be passed for that. Stop trying to inject your agenda into a bill that is not about emissions in any way shape or form.

Living off government assistance because you can't make sound business decisions is the very definition of welfare.
I agree 100% but emissions have nothing to do with that. Emissions have to do with a carbon footprint. And that's a separate issue from a covid 19 relief bill.

I agree 100% but emissions have nothing to do with that. Emissions have to do with a carbon footprint. And that's a separate issue from a covid 19 relief bill.

I do agree, it's the wrong set of teeth. The strings should be tied to keeping and adding headcount, capex in the US, no stock buybacks, and limits on executive comp while in repayment.

The buy backs piss me off...its all just giving bigger bonuses to the exec's and does literally nothing to strengthen the business or the employees who keep the fat cats fat.

Then maybe the prudent thing to do would be to take a step back and write a bill that focuses on putting aid where it needs to go - into small businesses and people rather than grifters like the O&G industry, King Coal, or Cruise lines that avoid taxes in the US.

Rather than pushing through a $500 billion slush fund for the administration, or loosey-goosey bailouts for billionaires.

Then maybe the prudent thing to do would be to take a step back and write a bill that focuses on putting aid where it needs to go - into small businesses and people rather than grifters like the O&G industry, King Coal, or Cruise lines that avoid taxes in the US.

Rather than pushing through a $500 billion slush fund for the administration, or loosey-goosey bailouts for billionaires.
Ur asking to much of these nimrods. 🤣 seriously tho. Our employees are impossible to reel in even in a time like this.

The legislative demands came after House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D., S.C.) told House Democrats on Thursday that the coronavirus stimulus represented “a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision"

At least this guy admits that he wants to play politics instead of trying to put spin on it while lots of Americans sit in wonder and worry about their future. Its evil plain and simple. I'm sure glad our tax money pays this donkey.

Why would anyone be surprised that Republicans are favoring their corporate donars and Democrats are favoring their corporate donors?
We have the largest corporate government partnership the world has ever seen. They are writing their own checks with this bill, just like every other bill they pass.
There is no reason that a rational individual should have any confidence in either of these two parties.

At some point I hope people recognize we have been a party to biggest scam in human history.

Last edited:
One of the things that really irked me about yesterday’s hearing on the senate floor, was learning that Mitch McConnell went back to Kentucky for a political fundraiser last Sunday when they should have been voting on a bill. He then promptly brought that bill to a vote wednesday. Now yesterday he stood there and made a speech saying we don’t have time to negotiate. We need to pass this legislation now. I actually watched the whole hearing live. Ol Mitch didn’t make a peep after he got called out.

Back