This Should Be Interesting

I'm sure you were insightful and well informed with info and opinion from a hunter's perspective. I'm glad to have you as a voice for us as hunters.

Randy, I can't think of a better person to tell the hunters side of the Yellowstone wolf reintroduction and all the damage it's done to the wildlife herds!

I'll be watching! Can't do much when they will try to spin it for the story they want to tell. In my opinion, they probably couldn't have found a better representation of a sportsman than you. Good luck!!

It will be interesting to watch for sure. One thing I've noticed and learned being around Randy is that he tends to keep a level head on issues and evaluates situations without jumping to extreme conclusions. My guess is that many may be disappointed by the lack of "kill them all" that they won't be hearing. My bet is he will get as much blowback from the hunting world as the non hunting. Just a total guess on this. I admit I haven't even had a discussion about wolves with him ever and we've visited a lot. I could be wrong and probably am. Thanks for at least being willing to talk about this on national tv Randy. You'll continue to grow despite whatever the outcome is.

Agree 100%. Randy's level headed approach, critical thinking ability and disarming demeanor is why he will do well in this 60 Minutes piece. Regardless of how they may "spin" it, Randy's public positions on this and many conservation issues are very easy to find on "Al Gore's" internet. That in and of itself makes any distortion of position difficult at best during editing. That's one benefit of being outspoken!

Looking forward to having my hot cup of Joe and big screen on at 7pm PST tonight.

Randy, I'm sure you articulated the hunter's position very well. If it comes out as hit piece, I'll know it was 100% the editing
Same for me. I dont see any sponsors stepping away from you no matter how they edit the piece. If anything, you'll probably gain a bigger following afterwards. Just seems like how these things go

Just finished watching it. Not enough Randy. The "rainbow" quote is classic however. The piece pretty much glamorized the wolf. mtmuley

Interesting piece. Nice job Randy. I’m curious as to your thoughts based on what was asked in the interview and what was actually aired.

Yeah overall the story was fine. I was hoping to hear a little more Randy’s insight though.

Good job Fin. I thought the piece was fine overall, nothing I would argue with. They certainly could have gone into a little more detail, but it's TV of course.

IMHO it was as good as it could have been from all sides concerned. They even didn't bleep "ass" during one of the two spots when Randy was interviewed. Again IMHO Randy came across just as great as we all thought he would. I was a little apprehensive when the piece started saying that every wolf in the lower 48 were killed by various methods that included hunting, but the rest of the piece was done very well and that was a big surprise if you guys remember the terrible CBS show done by Dan Rather called "Guns of Autumn" that was as anti gun and hunting as you could ever put on the screen.

Interesting piece. Nice job Randy. I’m curious as to your thoughts based on what was asked in the interview and what was actually aired.

The interview with me was almost two hours. They may have used two minutes of a hunter's perspective.

The focus of my interview was that due to litigation and continually changing the original deal made with the citizens of MT, ID, and WY, the odds of those states ever again agreeing to reintroduction of species is very low. That is the untold tragedy of the wolf reintroduction that few want to talk about. I had hoped some of that would have made the cut, but the editors, who are not part of the interview, did not include it.

I give Randy HUGE props for even willing to be interviewed by 60 minutes. They were obviously not interested in the hunting side but at least they didn’t mug him....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back