the German Cowboy and a 500 SW

MuddyBull

My wife rides horses with a gal who migrated to Wyoming from Germany many years ago. Last nite we were invited to a bar b que at her place to meet a couple from Germany who were vacationing here for 2 weeks just to ride horses in the hills.
It was quite interesting to visit with the husband on the culture in Germany, the difficulty in owning a gun or finding a place to ride a horse. Seems he shot pistols there in a league of some sorts and really enjoyed it. I told him I would be right back, ran home and grabbed my 500. The look on his face as he gazed at the cylinders was priceless!
The house we were at borders BLM land so he was able to step to back yard and torch a couple off. Seemed to be the highlight of his trip.
The whole evening and visit made me realize how much I take for granted that I live in a place where I have the freedoms and opportunity to enjoy all my outdoor pursuits. I suppose America doesn't seem as great now as she used too, but this Country and especially the Rockie Mtn West is a fantastic place to be!

My wife rides horses with a gal who migrated to Wyoming from Germany many years ago. Last nite we were invited to a bar b que at her place to meet a couple from Germany who were vacationing here for 2 weeks just to ride horses in the hills.
It was quite interesting to visit with the husband on the culture in Germany, the difficulty in owning a gun or finding a place to ride a horse. Seems he shot pistols there in a league of some sorts and really enjoyed it. I told him I would be right back, ran home and grabbed my 500. The look on his face as he gazed at the cylinders was priceless!
The house we were at borders BLM land so he was able to step to back yard and torch a couple off. Seemed to be the highlight of his trip.
The whole evening and visit made me realize how much I take for granted that I live in a place where I have the freedoms and opportunity to enjoy all my outdoor pursuits. I suppose America doesn't seem as great now as she used too, but this Country and especially the Rockie Mtn West is a fantastic place to be!

Great story! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justin.webb
Back