Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What kind of gun is good for a cabin person living deep in the American boonies?

On screen. Art Mullins is the only character I've ever seen load up on Cope. I was still dipping then and I got a kick out of that.

Back to the OP question. I'm thinking a euro 7.62x51 would fit the bill. I had a buddy that had a HK G3 with a QD scope mount back in the day. Slick.
FN-FAL would fit the bill nicely.

Why would anyone so insightful (or is it “inciteful”?) get kicked off of a hunting site?

Gotta be something that can shoot the lungs out of the body, or that fires a bajillion rounds per second (can’t remember the exact statistic used), so maybe a 9mm AR15?

Last edited:
All in with:

M134 GAU-17 Gatling Gun​

Caliber: 7.62×51mm NATO
Action: Electrically driven rotary breech
Rate of fire: 2,000–6,000 rpm
Muzzle velocity: 2,800 ft/sec (853 m/s)
Maximum range: 1,093 yd

Tom was out hunting trophy "toms" if you can believe that! But all cougar jokes aside.....oh, you though I meant longbeard turkeys......well, anyway.....

On other gun and hunting forums but I've been getting booted out of there or having my threads deleted. I was hoping to get taken seriously here after a long departure.

Anyway, please forget about Saturday mornings on 1970's television. That was just to throw some spark here to avert boredom.

I'd just like to know what sensible firearms a boonies man might have in his cabin battery if he had a small farm or ranch out in a very woodsy North American area.
Winchester model 1895 in 405 winchester.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back