Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

What kind of gun is good for a cabin person living deep in the American boonies?

Unfortunately the turkey here in Oklahoma aren't doing great. The Rios out west are doing a bit better then our easterns here in SE Oklahoma. Now I might no where to find a hog or two.View attachment 266561View attachment 266562
Even better.
But only if we can sear the hair off with that flame thrower of yours.

Not certain I can come up with a fair trade, though.😔

The Mossberg 500 I have is my dove gun. I also have a Remingtom 870 police pump 12. That should be a lot of gun for many duties on farm, ranch or rural homestead. Different shells make this gun quite versatile. I also have a Smith & Wesson Governor. Great holster sidearm in much of woodsy America, perhaps? Hard-cast bullets available in .45 Colt. There may be big "Smokey the Bears" about.

I also think I might have a good 22 for varmints, including fox or coon in the chicken coop, and a good woods deer rifle like a Savage Model 99. A country spread also needs a good dog or two.

The possibilties of gun duties in a rural home/farm/ranch setting are many.

-protection from bad humans
-protection from varmints
-protection of self, pets, family members and livestock from predators
-dispatching injured animals as cows, sheep, horses, goats, mules, burros with broken legs
-hunting game and dispatching wounded game

The Savage 99 is still one of the finest examples of American craftsmanship out there. Their stamping was excellent as well. You don't see many new guns with the kind of crisp lines and clear lettering that the old 99's had.

Good selection.

The Savage 99 is still one of the finest examples of American craftsmanship out there. Their stamping was excellent as well. You don't see many new guns with the kind of crisp lines and clear lettering that the old 99's had.

Good selection.
Especially true of the numbers on the round counter of the rotary magazine.

Even better.
But only if we can sear the hair off with that flame thrower of yours.

Not certain I can come up with a fair trade, though.😔
Haha might be some high octane pork. No need for a trade they're a general nuisance on our families land just ask that everyone treat the land with respect. We use to allow quite a few people to pig hunt but had to tighten up due to torn up fences, gates left open, and general trashing. If you come at the right time might get a deer or two as well we have a couple of them too. Shot this girl while cooking in the backyard about 200 yards from my backporch.20200502_071629.jpg

Haha might be some high octane pork. No need for a trade they're a general nuisance on our families land just ask that everyone treat the land with respect. We use to allow quite a few people to pig hunt but had to tighten up due to torn up fences, gates left open, and general trashing. If you come at the right time might get a deer or two as well we have a couple of them too. Shot this girl while cooking in the backyard about 200 yards from my backporch.View attachment 266564

The critter squatting is even hairier than the critter laying down.

blunderbuss, the answer is always blunderbuss!
A flintlock musket? A dragoon for horse or mule back? How about the Hawken 50 like Jeremiah Johnson found on the dead man? What kind of gun was that that the boy in Old Yeller used to put down the dog? Seemed like a fine old rifle to keep above the door in the old homestead.

Back