Caribou Gear Tarp

What kind of gun is good for a cabin person living deep in the American boonies?

TomTeriffic

I was wondering while watching the first five minutes of the video posted here. There is a man living out in the North American boonies with a hound dog, a bluetick I think, and at least one horse. The horse spooks of course when a big wild animal comes near. The dog, seeming like a coward, breaks the leather lead under force and skeedaddles with his tail between his legs. In the video, it appears that the dog is fixed and maybe that's why he is so yellow. Some hunters here might chime in as to whether a larger hound like a bluetick coonhound, an American foxhound, a redbone or treeing walker makes for good protection out in a deep woods setting like that. I think I would like a German shepherd if I were a small rancher or homesteader out in the woods.

The cabin man also tries to use a lit torch to fight the wild animal but to no avail. If you watch this whole video, later on, the boonies man and a lawman in a Chevrolet Blazer try to catch this beast in hilly woody country with ropes and still have trouble. I'm wondering why nobody is trying to use a gun of some sort.

You might have a different opinion as to what makes a good cabin gun for homestead security.

Last edited:
TOM!!!!!!! Where you been?! Lol
Tom was out hunting trophy "toms" if you can believe that! But all cougar jokes aside.....oh, you though I meant longbeard turkeys......well, anyway.....

On other gun and hunting forums but I've been getting booted out of there or having my threads deleted. I was hoping to get taken seriously here after a long departure.

Anyway, please forget about Saturday mornings on 1970's television. That was just to throw some spark here to avert boredom.

I'd just like to know what sensible firearms a boonies man might have in his cabin battery if he had a small farm or ranch out in a very woodsy North American area.

Last edited:
AR-10 in 7mm HT.

Although, the ready to light torches they keep around the old Lucas place seemed to do the job.

Last edited:
Back