PEAX Equipment

Catch ya later Pop

Hunter4Life78

Hey All,

I've been MIA for a while and finally decided to turn to where I feel most at home.

On March 30, 2023 at 8:00 P.M. I said goodbye to my hunting partner, my dad, my hero, most importantly my best friend. The Old Man checked out of his earthly home and went it meet his Mom and others that left this earth before him. He went out on his own terms accept it was bedridden and not in the pasture with his horses.

He waited for all of us to be there and looked at us all and and asked, "Everyone happy with the decisions that have been made?" We assured him we were. He held us both hands with open palms and simply said,"Enjoy." Then he said, "tell em I'm ready." And with that they made him comfortable and we watched as the numbers on the monitors dwindled until he had passed.

He taught all of us the importance of the Flag, what it was to be an American, what it meant to love your family and your country. He had found his way back to the Lord a few years back and was very humble about how he had read the Bible from front to cover in 8 months.

I sit here now thinking of how I wanted to take the old man on an antelope hunt this fall. It's the one thing he wanted to hunt and never did. It's gonna be weird this fall when he's not in the truck or waiting for me when I get home to ask how the day went. I'll probably do the same thing I after he passed and sit down with his boots, spurs, and hat and have shot of Jack and still discuss the day. Call me crazy it's okay may have been accused of that a time or two in 44 years. I'm pretty sure that's what the German Guy in my head is telling me. Anyway I digress.

I don't ask for sympathy, I don't ask for money, I ask that the next time any of you see a veteran, a soldier, by their coffee. Tell em thank you. Regardless of your beliefs or your political affiliation we have these rights to have our thoughts because of the men and women who have stood and defended those that can't defend themselves. Take the time to just look at the sunset, a sunrise, the mountains, or the wind blowing through a grain field. Old Man really enjoyed some of those simple things in life and passed on to the family how important it was to take time and enjoy the simple things. There's so much more to say.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I'm gonna put my hat in the ring and try to get an antelope permit. If anyone has any ideas where at in MT lemme know please. Gonna see if Great Grandpa (the old .30-.30) and I can get it done. Not asking for secret spots or anything just a few places around Dillon area.

Thank You,
Hunter4Life78

Hey All,

I've been MIA for a while and finally decided to turn to where I feel most at home.

On March 30, 2023 at 8:00 P.M. I said goodbye to my hunting partner, my dad, my hero, most importantly my best friend. The Old Man checked out of his earthly home and went it meet his Mom and others that left this earth before him. He went out on his own terms accept it was bedridden and not in the pasture with his horses.

He waited for all of us to be there and looked at us all and and asked, "Everyone happy with the decisions that have been made?" We assured him we were. He held us both hands with open palms and simply said,"Enjoy." Then he said, "tell em I'm ready." And with that they made him comfortable and we watched as the numbers on the monitors dwindled until he had passed.

He taught all of us the importance of the Flag, what it was to be an American, what it meant to love your family and your country. He had found his way back to the Lord a few years back and was very humble about how he had read the Bible from front to cover in 8 months.

I sit here now thinking of how I wanted to take the old man on an antelope hunt this fall. It's the one thing he wanted to hunt and never did. It's gonna be weird this fall when he's not in the truck or waiting for me when I get home to ask how the day went. I'll probably do the same thing I after he passed and sit down with his boots, spurs, and hat and have shot of Jack and still discuss the day. Call me crazy it's okay may have been accused of that a time or two in 44 years. I'm pretty sure that's what the German Guy in my head is telling me. Anyway I digress.

I don't ask for sympathy, I don't ask for money, I ask that the next time any of you see a veteran, a soldier, by their coffee. Tell em thank you. Regardless of your beliefs or your political affiliation we have these rights to have our thoughts because of the men and women who have stood and defended those that can't defend themselves. Take the time to just look at the sunset, a sunrise, the mountains, or the wind blowing through a grain field. Old Man really enjoyed some of those simple things in life and passed on to the family how important it was to take time and enjoy the simple things. There's so much more to say.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. I'm gonna put my hat in the ring and try to get an antelope permit. If anyone has any ideas where at in MT lemme know please. Gonna see if Great Grandpa (the old .30-.30) and I can get it done. Not asking for secret spots or anything just a few places around Dillon area.

Thank You,
Hunter4Life78
Cherish and Appreciate

Draw is still open for application? I thought date has passed?

Sorry for your loss. It really wiped me out when I lost my dad suddenly back in '99. He collapsed on the golf course where I shot a big cow elk with him twenty years earlier. He was in the clubhouse overlooking the third fairway where we did the deed. I wonder if he was thinking about it. Be nice if that memory was the last thing going through his mind when the lights went out.

Sorry for your loss. It really wiped me out when I lost my dad suddenly back in '99. He collapsed on the golf course where I shot a big cow elk with him twenty years earlier. He was in the clubhouse overlooking the third fairway where we did the deed. I wonder if he was thinking about it. Be nice if that memory was the last thing going through his mind when the lights went out.

Antelope deadline is June 1. He’s good.

Hey All,

Thank You,
Hunter4Life78
I’m very sorry for your loss, Dave. He sounds like he was a great man. He’ll always be with you, you know that!

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was a good man and a good friend. I said goodbye to my father 17 years ago. Miss him all the time. I still talk to him like he's there sometimes. And you know what? Sometimes he is.

Sorry for your loss. My dad passed last May. The first hunting season without him was hard, but also good. I definitely feel at peace when I'm in the deer woods that he loved so dearly. We shot deer with two of his rifles last year. I knew he was smiling down.

Be sure to keep those memories and traditions alive.

Amen to that!!

Let’s hear a story about the tag you draw. Pops would be thrilled.
Will do!! With his twisted sense of humor I'll either have the opportunity of a lifetime or I won't Bag another critter and the rifles will be taken on lots of nature hikes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back