Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Stand for the Anthem

4 pages rehashing the NFL kneeling or standing? If you don't watch the NFL because players kneel, good. If you watch the NFL but whine about the issue you are a bit of a hypocrite. Your viewership of the event puts money directly into the pockets of those players. For me I could give two shits about it and twice that much on Sunday.

All it is an issue shaped by politicians to divide us into camps who either believe this behavior by athletes is the end of America as we know or a vital fight for the heart and soul of black Americans. Well it is neither.

If watching somebody kneel when you believe it is your duty to stand makes you that upset then use the off button on your remote. If you believe this kneeling is producing results on the ground, where it counts then keep watching because it appears not to make a single bit of difference to what is happening where it counts.

Aren't there a more important issues in the wheel houses of Americans from all walks of life? It is too bad people are not as passionate about things with real life consequences to their futures as they are about whether somebody they will most likely never cross paths with kneels or stands.

Sept. 1st can't come fast enough.

For the record I stand and remove my hat to honor the flag and nation.

Nemont

Or... Support a team that fits your interest... Be it stand or kneel. 😉

It is the reason I am now a Jerry Jones, Cowboy fan. Up until this point I referred to them as the Cowgirls in the usual rowdy friendly "The League" type fun banter... Now? Jones long time vocal pride in America and support of our law enforcement mothers and fathers, sisters and sons who choose to place boots between our law abiding citizens and the evil that lurks... I am now a Cowboys fan.

Not trying to fan flames, but the dude is a hypocrite.

https://youtu.be/hRdpiZUPZtE

Last edited:
4 pages rehashing the NFL kneeling or standing? If you don't watch the NFL because players kneel, good. If you watch the NFL but whine about the issue you are a bit of a hypocrite.

Nemont

My hypocrisy knows no bounds

Not to fan flames? Yeah right. mtmuley

Honestly. I've lurked for a while but still pretty new here, the last thing I want to do is rub anyone wrong. I heard it mentioned on the radio.

Jones son looks at him and says something like your hat, and instead of doing what you or I'd do when he realized it was still on his head he doubles down. Jones has hammered on and on about respecting the flag and anthem and then disregard's his own advice.

Though i played the game thru college, i don't care to watch much Pro football these days. I watch even less now that some of the players chose the way they did to demonstrate. Maybe they didn't intend to disrespect our flag but it's hard for me to take it any other way.

https://babylonbee.com/news/fox-news-slams-jesus-for-never-once-standing-during-national-anthem/

Lol

But seriously, I hope we didn't chase Colorado kid off the site. We need more minority hunters going forward and I value his opinion.

The issue is so messy because there are a lot of folks who haven't spent time in urban, minority heavy areas and don't understand the fear associated with urban youths. But many of us white folks are blind to the experiences of minority kids. I've been robbed at gunpoint by young black kids so it is as real for me as the innocent black kid getting abused by the police. Neither of us deserved it and both of us may now distrust the folks who came after us.

But I try to remember that Christ loved those who mistreated him and it's my duty to love and respect all folks. Thank God I encounter minorities every day through my job and we get to be a blessing to one another. Sorry for all the religious language but, for me, it is a uniting force.

So I'll stand for the anthem but I won't denigrate those who don't.

https://babylonbee.com/news/fox-news-slams-jesus-for-never-once-standing-during-national-anthem/

Lol

But seriously, I hope we didn't chase Colorado kid off the site. We need more minority hunters going forward and I value his opinion.

The issue is so messy because there are a lot of folks who haven't spent time in urban, minority heavy areas and don't understand the fear associated with urban youths. But many of us white folks are blind to the experiences of minority kids. I've been robbed at gunpoint by young black kids so it is as real for me as the innocent black kid getting abused by the police. Neither of us deserved it and both of us may now distrust the folks who came after us.

But I try to remember that Christ loved those who mistreated him and it's my duty to love and respect all folks. Thank God I encounter minorities every day through my job and we get to be a blessing to one another. Sorry for all the religious language but, for me, it is a uniting force.

So I'll stand for the anthem but I won't denigrate those who don't.

Thank you for your opinion BH!! Very much respected....and nobody is going to chase me off!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...k-to-be-different’/ar-BBMYwQY?ocid=spartanntp

Before former Seahawks and University of Texas long snapper Nate Boyer began playing football, he served six years in the United States Army. A former Green Beret, Boyer made the Longhorns' roster as a walk-on in 2010, and eventually signed with Seattle and had a short preseason stint in 2015 after going undrafted.

In August of 2016, Boyer wrote an open letter to Colin Kaepernick after the then-49ers quarterback started to gain national attention for sitting during the national anthem. Boyer and Kapernick met and discussed the issue, and it was Boyer who suggested to Kaepernick that he should kneel during the anthem as a respectful form of protest.
Boyer has frequently voiced his support for Kaepernick's right to protest, but as the issue of protests has been spun by commentators, and even the President of the United States, Kaepernick's actions have often been misconstrued as a question of patriotism. As the backlash to Nike's recent ad campaign starring Kaepernick has shown, there are plenty of people who still don't understand the issue at hand.

In a thoughtful op-ed published by NBC News, Boyer urged people "on both ends of the political spectrum" to embrace and respect conflicting viewpoints. Boyer writes that "nobody is a perfect patriot."

"Two years ago, Colin Kaepernick sat on the bench during the national anthem for the first time before the San Francisco 49ers played the Green Bay Packers in a preseason game. This was the statement he gave after the game explaining why he was protesting: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
When Kaepernick and I met and talked just six days later, a few hours before the 49ers were set to play the San Diego Chargers, we discussed a lot, but more importantly we listened to each other. I wanted him to stand and he had pledged to sit during the anthem, but we found middle ground: Colin would take a knee, making his statement about police brutality while also respecting the men and women who fought and died for what our flag is supposed to represent.
The men who have followed in Kaepernick's footsteps say they are not protesting the anthem itself, they are demonstrating during the anthem. It's an important distinction to understand. Personally, I do not endorse Kaepernick's method of protest but I absolutely support his right to do so. That is an unpopular place to stand these days, in the radical middle, defending someone you somewhat disagree with…. It's hard for me to grasp why this is so difficult for people (from both ends of the political spectrum) to understand. It's OK to be different, it's what makes us the same - embrace it and remember that nobody's a perfect patriot, especially not me."

While I think someone has the right to kneel doesn't make it right. It's about respect. The whole reason they are kneeling is based on lies in my opinion. If Kapernick is so concerned there's many more ways he could get involved. It's just created more division

Welcome the new spokesperson for Nike...

kaepernick-socks-cops-08-31-16.png

The mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters & sons and daughters who don a badge to protect the law abiding from the criminals that lurk. The million sworn Officers within the U.S.

Is it illegal? No. Should it be? No. Has Congress passed a law against such? No. Are employers required to permit employees free expression to the deteriment of the employer? No.

It is disrespectful.

The mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters & sons and daughters who don a badge to protect the law abiding from the criminals that lurk. The million sworn Officers within the U.S.

Is it illegal? No. Should it be? No. Has Congress passed a law against such? No. Are employers required to permit employees free expression to the deteriment of the employer? No.

It is disrespectful.

One image that says more than every word in this thread.

It is disrespectful.

While I certainly don't condone his choice of socks, let's not be disingenuous here. There are more than a few within the ranks of law enforcement nationwide who fully embody the image on those socks. Law enforcement is not immune to dishonesty, corruption, and abuse. Let's not pretend it is. Doing so is far more insulting to those who do strive to uphold their oath than any image on a pair of socks.

While I certainly don't condone his choice of socks, let's not be disingenuous here. There are more than a few within the ranks of law enforcement nationwide who fully embody the image on those socks. Law enforcement is not immune to dishonesty, corruption, and abuse. Let's not pretend it is. Doing so is far more insulting to those who do strive to uphold their oath than any image on a pair of socks.

And a T -shirt. mtmuley

Back