Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Show me your Subaru

Interesting topic.

I have a '16 Tundra and have been saving to get a new one in '23 or likely '24. Now leaning toward keeping my Tundra with 165k miles and getting a Subaru as well. Mileage will be a consideration, as well as probably more room to sleep in the back seat for a few of my travels. I have about 430 nights in the backseat of the current pickup and it isn't exactly comfortable sans a few whiskeys.

I might go have a few pints tonight and think more on the subject.

In all seriousness I snagged the highest end trim Outback a few years back when trucks were getting hyperinflated with 30K on it for 20K. As much as I wanted a Taco, used ones were going for twice that. I yanked a stuck Tundra out of a moon dust dozer path I'd come and gone on in the South Hills, too be fair he had shit tires and I had snows on. Open Country AT3's have treated it well. It tows the drift boat and setters just fine. Monster in the snow obviously, and I can sleep in the back in griz country. It's been a good vehicle and I'm not upset about getting North of 30mpg right now.

51658944321_e217c71d9e_z.jpg

52440828283_9e9ec1b3b0_z.jpg
[/url]

52440757510_d6ae1c6073_z.jpg

Since Subaru owners seem to feel the need to interject the fact that they own a Subaru into any conversation, relevant or not, here's a chance to tell us all about it. Feel free to post pics, give bios, tell us about the time you hauled an entire brontosaurus home stuffed in the back.
I'll have follow up threads dedicated to vegans, crossfitters, and those who are madly in love with a specific caliber
My subaru has brought home a deer haha I wish I had a picture of it inside, it's an impreza wagon so you can use your imagination. Most things come home in the pickup though

I bought an Ascent in 2020, other than the stupid 20" wheels, I'm yet to be convinced this isn't the perfect car/SUV. Plenty of power, responsive AWD, and lots of cargo space w/ the back seat up and in use. With the backseat down, it's a veritable condominium! And I've discovered that as long as I leave the Subaru Forester alone, the "Softball Team" doesn't get angry with me.

Back