Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Show me your Subaru

I'm on my 3rd Subaru Outback. Their 4WD or now AWD is perfect for the SW Montana winters where I need 4WD to get up my driveway when it's snow covered or icy, and to drive Main Street in downtown Bozangles when they just salt the snow into 8" plus of slush.

I have two Ford F 250 pickups, one that stays chained up and with a plow for plowing my driveway, and the other for carrying my camper, pulling a trailer, or just hauling large things. On the road and for everyday use, my Subaru gets at least twice the gas mileage as my pickup.

With my Subaru back seat folded down there is plenty of room for my Golden Retriever and my guns when I go to the range or all of my gear for going anywhere else.

I've occasionally slept in the back, and have brought a few antelope and one cow elk home in it.

My second Subaru wore an anti-obama sticker on the back. My current one has a NRA life member sticker and an American flag sticker on the corners of the back window.

Here's my second Subaru Outback on the trip home from the Denver Airport after my Quebec caribou hunt. I had to put the B&C antlers on the roof as there wasn't enough room inside along with all of our gear and my Golden.
jKTuvBql.jpg

We're on our 3rd outback and have a new one on the way with the wife leaving her corporate job and losing her company car. I love them, mostly as @buffybr says above for the gas mileage and they can get into a lot of places.

Plus financially they just make more sense for us.

That said, I sure do miss my truck sometimes - but not enough to currently justify the cost of having one. When I used it a lot, it made sense, right now it doesn't.

Since Subaru owners seem to feel the need to interject the fact that they own a Subaru into any conversation, relevant or not, here's a chance to tell us all about it. Feel free to post pics, give bios, tell us about the time you hauled an entire brontosaurus home stuffed in the back.
I'll have follow up threads dedicated to vegans, crossfitters, and those who are madly in love with a specific caliber

The jealousy is palpable.

20200613_194222stamped.jpg

Between the excellent mileage, wide-ranging versatility and low cost of maintenance, the fact that it's a neodymium chick magnet is just a perk at this point.

I'm on my 3rd Subaru Outback. Their 4WD or now AWD is perfect for the SW Montana winters where I need 4WD to get up my driveway when it's snow covered or icy, and to drive Main Street in downtown Bozangles when they just salt the snow into 8" plus of slush.

I have two Ford F 250 pickups, one that stays chained up and with a plow for plowing my driveway, and the other for carrying my camper, pulling a trailer, or just hauling large things. On the road and for everyday use, my Subaru gets at least twice the gas mileage as my pickup.

With my Subaru back seat folded down there is plenty of room for my Golden Retriever and my guns when I go to the range or all of my gear for going anywhere else.

I've occasionally slept in the back, and have brought a few antelope and one cow elk home in it.

My second Subaru wore an anti-obama sticker on the back. My current one has a NRA life member sticker and an American flag sticker on the corners of the back window.

Here's my second Subaru Outback on the trip home from the Denver Airport after my Quebec caribou hunt. I had to put the B&C antlers on the roof as there wasn't enough room inside along with all of our gear and my Golden.
jKTuvBql.jpg
Hilarious, I would have loved to have seen the going down i70. Congrats!!!

jKTuvBql.jpg
Goldens are great, they simply cannot be embarrassed. :)

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back