Screen names & avatars

fishing4sanity

So what's in your screen name and/or avatar? Some of the screen names and avatars I understand right away and others take a little longer. Has noharleyyet got a Harley yet or is it that he prefers something other than a Harley or is he even talking about Harley Davidson? I used to think BigFin was a reference to the 'fins' or prongs on Randy's antelope but then in one of his posts he alluded to it being more of a Finnish pejorative from some of his Norwegian relatives. For a long time I thought Greenhorn's avatar was him posing with an African lion, then I learned it was a hero shot of a gopher (I either gotta start looking closer or get glasses to wear in tandem with my contacts). Is that Dinkshooter in his avatar (especially the old killer mullet pic), does jlmatthew really look that much like Val Kilmer, etc, etc? Anyway, I just thought it might be interesting to know the story behind the names & avatars, at the same time many enjoy the anonymity of the internet, so share away if you're so inclined.

As for me I get stressed out with farming, family & life and once in awhile NEED to go fishing to try and regain a little sanity, it's effective but fleeting, so I need to go 'fishing4sanity' more often. The avatar is a trout my brother caught & released and one of my favorite photos that I've taken for whatever reason. Randy

hunt R me = toys R us, etc.

Another site I belonged to a while back I used my real name. There was a lot of censorship on that site, and I always felt a little naked. I feel safer here. Members are pretty careful not to get into bathroom talk, bedroom talk, ignorant politics, etc., and that is great. We censor ourselves and don't get overly offended at the occasional slip.

To my knowledge I have never met anyone on this site, though I know I live within 20 minutes of some of you in the Portland area, and work close to a couple more in the North Fork, Idaho area, and one or two more in the Lewistown area where I call home when I can afford to go hunting in Montana.

My screen name is the first part of mine and my wifes name. I have seen people use it as business name before and its a little different. Brittany, Scott = Brisco.

Shameless self promotion!
Sometimes when I leap outta the shower I turn sideways to the mirror. I tilt my head down and slightly to one side. In my lowest manly-man voice I growl, "The Nikster!!"

My pic is me with a caribou that took four trips to Alaska to harvest! Not my greatest hunting moment of all time but the best Alaskan trip I have had!

I "connected" with Ernest Hemingway at a very young age.Ultimately his narrative carries a far deeper thought process ,but at a more tangible level his love for the outdoors was very apparent. The passage "I am never alone on the river" pretty much sums up who I am,its pretty profound in its own right. Oh yeah, and my azzhole/knucklehead Chesapeake is named Hem,....go figure.

Pointingdogsrule.... I have pointing dogs and it's kinda like "Ford vs Chevy" with dogs... "pointers vs. flushers". Seems you either prefer one or the other.

good luck to all
the dog

warmer is the first e-mail name I could think of back in 1996 when Al Gore let me use his internet, and it kind of stuck. The pic is my 08 Black Hills bighorn, my son videoed the hunt and we had a fantasic time!

In the late 80's/early 90's, all my riding buds rode HD's....I could barely afford a Suzuki and much good natured grief was dished. My coincidental foray in to the compute age via an email account name was sort of a salute to those guys...guess it stuck.

One of those long time buds and my wife gave me harley for my 50th birthday. On my third one 11 and 11/12's years later.

" Rut Junkey" . . .I love fishing.( I really do love to fish though) Seriously though, that time of year when the rut is on and the big bucks are grunting and chasing does. . . that feeling you get when your in the woods during that time of year. . .thats my drug of choice!!! "Rut Junkey" . . .I know should be Junkie, but, changed it up a little.:)

Deer_shooter worked as deer_hunter was already taken years ago on another site and I just kept it. I much prefer the hunt over the shooting but oh well. I have no 'avatar' so just change pictures once in a while.

I live in New Orleans (for the last 10 years as well) and I went to school at the University of Florida...so there's bigeasygator. The funny thing is, it's still feels kind of weird to me when people refer to me as bigeasy, easy, gator, etc on these forums haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back