Questions regarding WY towns

Oh and if the weather hits you might not have much for milk, eggs, and fresh produce.

Our preferred grocery store was
Out of milk and eggs both. This happens a couple times a year when you only have remote 2 lane highways and wind that closes the roads..

Attachments

• 940133D7-62AE-4B0C-86D8-4FCCB0B7CB2D.jpeg
    940133D7-62AE-4B0C-86D8-4FCCB0B7CB2D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • 27CB195C-7DC9-4A2C-89FA-EEC2FE5D4622.jpeg
    27CB195C-7DC9-4A2C-89FA-EEC2FE5D4622.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
A good friend lives in Buffalo his wife runs a portion of the local hospital. They seem happy with the healthcare system there. Otherwise it seems like a nice place too. I know first hand that the hunting situation there is prey darn nice also.
My BIL lives just outside Buffalo on a hill with a gorgeous view to the west of the entire Big Horn Mtns, antelope on his place and great hunting. Buffalo is really nice. (But please don't tell anyone else.)

I feel like I opened up a whole can of worms with my advice on researching the medical care. So, I'll ad, for what it is worth that during my fall elk hunt I had a small eye injury which required a visit to the emergency room.

I was one of only two people in the emergency room and was seen promptly. The receptionist, seeing my camo clothing, asked me how my hunt was going and told me she was excited to get out herself. The nurse also shared her excitement regarding her pending rifle season elk hunt and assured me they'd to get me back in the field quickly. The emergency Dr. showed me cell phone pictures of his recent sheep hunt, after treating my eye, and then showed me cell phone video of the bull his wife was currently awaiting a shot on. And none of them hated me for being a hunter or from California.

That would never have happened back home.

The people were polite and friendly wherever we went. In particular the one guy from this forum who helped immensely.

The Wyoming frontier just might be too primitive for today's clique and ship culture.
Amazon deliveries can take up to half a year to show up in Wyoming.

I feel like I opened up a whole can of worms with my advice on researching the medical care. So, I'll ad, for what it is worth that during my fall elk hunt I had a small eye injury which required a visit to the emergency room.

I was one of only two people in the emergency room and was seen promptly. The receptionist, seeing my camo clothing, asked me how my hunt was going and told me she was excited to get out herself. The nurse also shared her excitement regarding her pending rifle season elk hunt and assured me they'd to get me back in the field quickly. The emergency Dr. showed me cell phone pictures of his recent sheep hunt, after treating my eye, and then showed me cell phone video of the bull his wife was currently awaiting a shot on. And none of them hated me for being a hunter or from California.

That would never have happened back home.

The people were polite and friendly wherever we went. In particular the one guy from this forum who helped immensely.

And here this is what we all expect:

The Wyoming frontier just might be too primitive for today's clique and ship culture.

Maybe Amazon had our local milk and eggs on one of those pallets lol…

That is hilarious…

You seriously need to reevaluate your priorities and Florida. If you want to ride your bike you can do that year round in Florida. Try that at -30 and a 30 mph wind half the year in Wyoming. If you merely want to go elk hunting, take off 10 days during November and go cow elk hunting. Very high success rate, delicious meat and easy to transport back to Fl where you can enjoy nice winter weather, year round bike rides and walks and some great rural hiking with outstanding seniors developments and health care and have a life during the Winter. Having lived in the West for many years and visiting Fl often over the years during Winter, I’d take FL hands down. Some of the best offshore fishing and you can chase hogs and gators if you feel the hunting itch or go travel once a year during retirement and enjoy the Western hunting experience. The demographics of Wyoming are changing as the energy industry down sizes which will make it even more rural and expensive. You sound like you’re in Miami or something, FL has a broad spectrum to offer and nothing compares in Wyoming unless you’re the Dutton family and you inherited the Yellowstone ranch.

Roads have been closed for 3 days now, thousand of truck stranded and blowing snow. we got the storm to pass and now we have -20 degrees..

I just got off the phone with UPS because they won't deliver my new RV light fixtures. They had the right address, etc., just lame about or small town.

It's still worth it to be here.

Ha! Truth. Getting sutures by your local large or small animal vet is a right of passage. I’ve gotten a few. Be careful with the horse docs tho…

On a serious note this is a benift of being in a small Community and doing your part to engage, provide help you are able to.

Most Trauma can be handled by your local Doc &/or Large animal Veterinarian. You kids today with your human only doctors don't really embody the pioneer spirit of the Cowboy state.

Truthfully, if I were to live in WY again, it would be Lander or Thermopolis.

You're not living in Wyoming for the charcuterie boards and escargot and bespoke medical treatments.

Back