Please delete my password

onpoint

Joined this forum 2011. Over a couple thousand posts. The vast majority of those concerned the very issues that (one would surmise) concern the average DIY public land hunter. Posted plenty of pics and hunting stories.
Been hunting profusely since 1975.
Have 20 assorted hunting firearms and more than enough ammo for them all to last the rest of my life.
Assisted, served, fought for and hung out with thousands of public Montana hunters/fisherman over a span of over thirty years while working for the state management agency.
Am/Was a member of many various sportsmens/women's groups and have been/am politically active - advocating for hunting/fishing/etc causes.
That being said -
I respectfully request, Randy, that you remove my password, thus dropping me from the numbers that are a member of and support this "platform".
I no longer believe that the number of (active) true, useful public land/hunting advocate members outnumber the folks whose posts are a detriment to us all.
Good luck with this site......................
So, again, please delete my password.
Tim

I no longer believe that the number of (active) true, useful public land/hunting advocate members outnumber the folks whose posts are a detriment to us all.
I'm new-ish to the forum (1 year or so) and hunting... I hope you're wrong. There's always going to be assholes that need to be sent packing and that's exactly what we should do. Perhaps we need more moderators and clearer/stricter guidelines on acceptable use.

Sad to see experienced folks leave. Bummer.

I feel you Tim, but not willing to totally give up. There are people willing to put forth the effort to learn both sides of every issue.

Yes, it feels we are slipping farther away each day.

I'm hoping for a rebirth in conservation, but it's not looking so good. People say I'm a slow learner, I say just bull headed.

Don't be shy

RW

I am genuinely sorry you feel that way, but you’re under valuing this place. Particularly if Sportsmen’s issues are your interest.

Just in the past week or so there has been a powerful thread on the GAOA

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/today-is-the-vote-gaoa.299191/

An in-depth discussion on William Pendley

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/pendley-to-be-nominated-to-head-blm.299450/page-4#post-3024955

And many more.

When comment periods on policies or land acquisitions that are important to hunters are brought up on HT, you can go read through the comments and see many HT members’ names alongside their comments.

On top of that, I would argue that the level of discourse here rivals any other place on the Internet and maybe anywhere. If I want in-depth and varied perspectives on an issue, far beyond what I would ever read in some magazine article or press release by a conservation org or on a social media site, I come to HuntTalk.

Everybody’s version of what is meaningful is different, and wheat must be separated from chaff, but even if someone only throws a comment here or there once a year on topics they are knowledgeable and have perspective on, that’s meaningful.

Folks come and go. Whether or not you feel there are more members and threads that are a detriment to hunting than are useful to it, is irrelevant to you publicly proclaiming you want your password deleted. Too bad you couldn’t see that.

This “community” exists and is maintained due to capital and time given by .0001% of its members. HuntTalk is a great place that I am grateful for.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back