Caribou Gear

Today is the vote. GAOA

Very happy both Arkansas senators voted in favor of this! Makes me think that the encouragement of a few of us down here has made a difference.

Very sad to see the names of a few senators that I respect for non-hunting related issues show up as a Nay for this. Just shows that no matter who you vote for, and for whatever reason, do NOT stop advocating for the things that are important to you.

Now on to the House. I spoke to my congressman's staffer just a little bit ago and he said they've just started looking over the bill and are waiting on legislative affairs to go through it. I stumped for LWCF, which he said the congressman supports funding. He marked me down in favor and thanked me for calling.

Well, Hawley was consistent throughout the whole process and never responded as I questioned him about his reasons for opposing it. Unfortunately can't vote the asshole out until 2025. I'll be sure to let him know that I'll be voting for his opposition when it comes around, and I'll be sending a thank you to Blunt.

What’s the bill about?

Reparations for 54 years of theft.

Seriously though, permanent and dedicated funding for the LWCF, and funding for the NPS maintenance backlog.

Nothing current? 3 months old now. How much pork has been tacked on by now?

Current as in voted on today? Current as in procedural votes all this past week? Current as is the vast majority of hunting and angling NGOs and outdoor writers have written about it? There's no shortage of information out there on this bill if you want to look for it.

He is upset because none of that future offshore oil and gas drilling money is going towards his agenda of building levvees and walls to keep floodwaters out.
Frankly, if someone is foolish enough to build below sea level they shouldn't be awarded a dime of funding in the first place.

I just hope that all Americans understand that just because this money is coming from big oil and gas doesn't mean it wont indirectly affect you.
Do you heat with fuel oil? Do you run your car with gas?
Future big oil exploration and extraction will NEVER take a hit going forward due to this, they will simply adjust their price points and pass it on to the consumers. They may be funding this bill, but actually its the consumer (you and me) who will be funding it. And to me, thats OK. I enjoy public lands.

For the record I am happy the bill passed. Just know, nothing is free. We as Americans are going to be paying for it in one form or another.

Current as in voted on today? Current as in procedural votes all this past week? Current as is the vast majority of hunting and angling NGOs and outdoor writers have written about it? There's no shortage of information out there on this bill if you want to look for it.

The posted summary is dated March so? But no, now I guess I won’t bother except perhaps to contact the Prez and ask him to veto it.

As of right now there are no amendments to S. 3422 but my god $1.9 trillion is the cap! I'm going to watch this one to see what the House throws on to it.

I don't know enough about Wyoming nor Idaho's representatives though I'm surprised considering the benefits they would gain from this(?).

It passed well over 1/2 so great news - and I've sent my thank you's to Daines and Tester.

He is upset because none of that future offshore oil and gas drilling money is going towards his agenda of building levvees and walls to keep floodwaters out.
Frankly, if someone is foolish enough to build below sea level they shouldn't be awarded a dime of funding in the first place.

I just hope that all Americans understand that just because this money is coming from big oil and gas doesn't mean it wont indirectly affect you.
Do you heat with fuel oil? Do you run your car with gas?
Future big oil exploration and extraction will NEVER take a hit going forward due to this, they will simply adjust their price points and pass it on to the consumers. They may be funding this bill, but actually its the consumer (you and me) who will be funding it. And to me, thats OK. I enjoy public lands.

For the record I am happy the bill passed. Just know, nothing is free. We as Americans are going to be paying for it in one form or another.

The royalties have been in place And collected for years, since the inception in 1964. However the total amounts were never fully allocated to the LWCF, congress would allocate the royalties every four years and some if not the Majority were siphoned off for other uses.
This bill changes that. The full amount 900 million are now all allocated to the LWCF as it was originally Intended from the inception. There is no new royalty has been paid that haven't been paid since 1964. So while royalties may be tacked on to the cost of production they've been in place all this time, meaning that your assertion that new royalties will be tacked on because of this bill is incorrect.

Last edited:
The royalties have been in place And collected for years, since the inception in 1964. However the total amounts were never fully allocated to the LWCF, congress would allocate the royalties every four years and some if not the Majority were siphoned off for other uses.
This bill changes that. The full amount 900 million are now all allocated to the LWCF as it was originally Intended from the inception. There is no new royalty has been paid that haven't been paid since 1964. So while royalties may be tacked on to the cost of production they've been in place all this time, meaning that ypur assertion that new royalties will be tacked on because of this bill is incorrect.

Attachments

• BILLS-116s3422pcs.pdf
    314.8 KB · Views: 27
Back