Call your Senators! CPW Commission Confirmation Vote - Delayed Again! Now Tues, 12 Mar!

you guys wash your hands after taking a piss?

Three guys standing at a communal at the Expo. 1 is from UT, 1 is from CO, 1 is from WY.

1st dude finishes & makes a big show of washing his hands. "In Utah, we're taught that cleanliness is a virtue."

2nd guy starts washing his hands w/a little dab of soap & a tiny amount of water. "In Colorado, we know to conserve our water!"

Guy from WY finishes up, zips up & starts walking out the door. "welp, in Wyoming they just teach us to not piss on ourselves."

Three guys standing at a communal at the Expo. 1 is from UT, 1 is from CO, 1 is from WY.

1st dude finishes & makes a big show of washing his hands. "In Utah, we're taught that cleanliness is a virtue."

2nd guy starts washing his hands w/a little dab of soap & a tiny amount of water. "In Colorado, we know to conserve our water!"

Guy from WY finishes up, zips up & starts walking out the door. "welp, in Wyoming they just teach us to not piss on ourselves."

1710513343357.png

he's hard to trust.

i think instead of calling hunters shortsighted and claiming we don't believe in the conservation of non game species, which is unadulterated bullshit, we need to look at the bigger picture here.

CPW is losing the public's trust, the hunting community is getting blindsided by Polis and his political games, the ballot initiatives are so tiring, we know there is an anti hunting agenda that is lurking within his administration, prenzlows ouster was a shocking political game, dan gibbs is working against us and we KNOW that Commissioner Beaulieu is not friendly to hunting, at all. no one can change my mind thats she's full of shit when she says she is pro NAM and not anti hunting, aboslutely full of shit.

hey may be right, we likely lost an advocate, but i'm convinced there are better advocates who can also better bridge the gap with inclusive mindsets. if you don't have the trust of sportsmen and women you can't bridge that gap.

sportsmen and women are getting whipped and left out to pasture, left and right, in this state. we need to be able to look at CPW as an entity that won't be an enabler of this and we don't have that trust anymore. appoint trustworthy commissioners who can help us bridge that gap and you won't be treated so "unfairly" by the senate.

Last edited:
Based on the outcome I think he may have been appointed. He is also right, the flak may have lost a supportive voice on the commission.

Very disappointing article. Total hit job on hunters. I understand him being frustrated but stating that hunters don’t care about wildlife outside game species is painting a large demographic with a very broad brush and false. It is also very arrogant to think he is the only person capable of advocating for wildlife and hunting. I was at the committee hearing, no Senator was rude or disrespectful at any point. His public advocacy for wolf reintroduction and WildEarth Guardians made him a target for the Ag industry and that was what actually sealed his fate.

Skiba is a gaslighting POS! Also a cocky mofo basically calling himself Aldo reincarnated… sure guy. He was not an ally, he is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, pun intended. Guy is not a friend to sportsmen he is a egotistical bastard

I don't have enough history to argue either way but in the end with his resignation how likely are you to get someone who matches your perspective to replace him? I didn't get the same perspective from the article that hunters don't care about other wildlife. "...some in the hunting community do not share Leopold’s views."

Are organizations coordinating the promotion of a candidate to Gov. Polis? Argue all you want against appointments but advocacy can't take place unless there is an active role by those involved...

Skiba is a gaslighting POS! Also a cocky mofo basically calling himself Aldo reincarnated… sure guy. He was not an ally, he is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, pun intended. Guy is not a friend to sportsmen he is a egotistical bastard
I've known Gary for a lot of years, and although I agree he was not a good choice as a sportsman's representative, your portrayal of him is bullshit.

Are organizations coordinating the promotion of a candidate to Gov. Polis? Argue all you want against appointments but advocacy can't take place unless there is an active role by those involved...

i thought they did the first time around...

Based on the outcome I think he may have been appointed. He is also right, the flak may have lost a supportive voice on the commission.

I am disappointed by his language toward hunters and find this response a bit like a petulant child who didn't get what he wants. I have no lingering qualms with him, but if he really is a friend to sportsman - he wouldn't then throw us under the bus on this one, in writing.

I don't have enough history to argue either way but in the end with his resignation how likely are you to get someone who matches your perspective to replace him? I didn't get the same perspective from the article that hunters don't care about other wildlife. "...some in the hunting community do not share Leopold’s views."

“They see little or no value in threatened and endangered species or nongame animals and believe wildlife agencies should focus all their resources on the game species that they hunt. They see hunters like me, who embrace hunting and broader values of wildlife, as insufficiently supportive of our hunting and angling heritage.”

Based on what I have heard, we may get a good representative for sportspersons. We will see….

And yes, wildlife conservation/sportspersons organizations provided a recommendation to Gov Polis’ office. Maybe multiple. It was completely ignored, non-responsive. And that is the major issue with these appointments, Sen Roberts danced around it during the committee hearing. The Governors office has shut out the organizations that represent the constituencies by which these commissioners are by statute supposed to represent. No dialogue with hunting, angling, wildlife conservation, outdoor recreation, OHV, trails, snowmobilers, mountain bikers, etc. Beaulieu didn’t even have a parks pass. I bet that Animal Wellness Action, Humane Society, WildEarth Guardians, and Center for Biological Diversity were all considered with these appointments.

I am cautiously optimistic that if nothing else this whole CPW Commission debacle may encourage the Gov’s office to actually engage with user groups when making these appointments.

I've known Gary for a lot of years, and although I agree he was not a good choice as a sportsman's representative, your portrayal of him is bullshit.
I am not portraying him at all, I read his article and that was my take away. Super preachy, and “you will regret this” mentality, he heads an animal rights group in Durango? No? He is just sad that he pulled out before the vote, they would have confirmed him anyhow. Let’s face it we are most likely screwed here in Co with appointments until gov polis and his first man vacate office, there will be no favors done for sportsmen

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back