Today is the vote. GAOA

Why can't you do your own googling??? Any semi- serious hunter should have a decent idea about what this bill is about.

What youse cant read? I posted the entire Bill up on page 1 for all. Any semi-serious hunter? Cant help but note that there's some seriously snotty SA's here.

Go figure. My two senators vote "nay". I am scared for Utah. The thought that the state can take control of federal lands and manage and pay for the maintenance is gaining traction. I have written them about this before, looks like I'll be doing that tonight as well. I know this bill wasn't about federal land swap but it shows how my state feels about funding federal lands.

they will simply adjust their price points and pass it on to the consumers.
Oil companies simply drill or don’t drill. The market sets the price. Royalties are paid on volume or market price, depending on the contract. At the core of this conversation, whatever is being extracted from these lands belong to all US citizens. We should get some benefit for allowing the majors to drill and extract on our land. Every private landowner does.

I am proud to see Richard Shelby voted for the bill after voting Nay on the procedural votes. I'm going to put this up to my emails and phone calls to his office.

Go figure. My two senators vote "nay". I am scared for Utah. The thought that the state can take control of federal lands and manage and pay for the maintenance is gaining traction. I have written them about this before, looks like I'll be doing that tonight as well. I know this bill wasn't about federal land swap but it shows how my state feels about funding federal lands.

So are you for or against the States taking over the Feds Lands?

Disappointed in Crapo and Risch as well. They have no excuse. Just falling in line with the Utah crowd.

I would be very curious to see what they would say about how they voted
When the LWCF was set to expire a few years ago I emailed Risch about renewing it, and his response was a line of BS about everyone needing to tighten their belts in tough economic times, wasting taxpayer money, etc. Seems like I posted the direct quote from his letter somewhere on this site back in the day. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Regardless, it's super disappointing both senators gave a big FU to a large Idaho constituency.

Against states taking it over.

Yeah I'm with ya, but I kinda feel bad for UT, NV & AK. The gov't owns so much land that it really impacts the States ability to prosper. Would Zion, Bryce or Canyonlands really be any less if UT was able to control and make money directly off it? IDK? People today want modern 21st century conveniences when they visit the NP's. Why not let private enterprise provide those wants?

He is upset because none of that future offshore oil and gas drilling money is going towards his agenda of building levvees and walls to keep floodwaters out.
Frankly, if someone is foolish enough to build below sea level they shouldn't be awarded a dime of funding in the first place.

I just hope that all Americans understand that just because this money is coming from big oil and gas doesn't mean it wont indirectly affect you.
Do you heat with fuel oil? Do you run your car with gas?
Future big oil exploration and extraction will NEVER take a hit going forward due to this, they will simply adjust their price points and pass it on to the consumers. They may be funding this bill, but actually its the consumer (you and me) who will be funding it. And to me, thats OK. I enjoy public lands.

For the record I am happy the bill passed. Just know, nothing is free. We as Americans are going to be paying for it in one form or another.

I am fairly sure this is a response to my post in another thread.

Your description of the problem of costal erosion really doesn’t do the issue justice. It is a much bigger issue than building levees and living below sea level. Levees are part of what has caused the problem. Sea level is rising.

There’s some serious whining going around, not just here, for a bill that is supposed to be a good thing, passing 3:1 after years of work to get it to pass.
You couldn’t get today’s senate to pass a non binding resolution that expressed support for the idea that most puppies are cute with a 3:1 vote.

There’s some serious whining going around, not just here, for a bill that is supposed to be a good thing, passing 3:1 after years of work to get it to pass.
You couldn’t get today’s senate to pass a non binding resolution that expressed support for the idea that most puppies are cute with a 3:1 vote.
Let alone get Orange Man to sign it. More whining to come when that happens. :)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back