Please delete my password

I read this forum quite a bit though I haven’t posted much. I’m pretty much a right wing, conservative lleaning 2A guy and, like your statement above, I used to have an assumption that most hunters are too. But that is not always the case. One thing about hunting and the outdoors in general is it is a topic that can unite and let folks find some common ground (like sports used to be). One sure way to not win people to your cause is to tell them they’re views are invalid/dumb/ignorant and you will no longer talk to them. This forum is great and blessed with folks that get along and generally help each other out. I read a quote the other day that said “ Being offended by something on the internet is like choosing to step in dogsh&t instead of walking around it”. Sound advice.
Good point. I do respect people who think differently politically. Heck I live in The People’s Republic of Kalifornia so if I hated everyone on the left I’d have a miserable existence. But to support the party that opposes guns with more restrictions every month and then be on a hunting forum seems inconsistent to me. I’m not bashing the lefties on here. My wife’s whole family are lefties and I love them. They don’t proclaim to be hunters though. To me if you’re passionate about firearms and hunting rights you would naturally be on the side defending the 2A. Some folks on here are VERY left and their anti-republican rants can be annoying. You are right though. Better to not get butt hurt and just agree to disagree. I don’t really know the OP but I assumed that was what burnt his butt. VikingsGuy is right too. You don’t see direct anti hunting posts on here. You just see left support which to me is indirectly anti hunting.

Sad? Why is that sad? you actually think the democrats are not proposing all the anti gun legislation? You think the wave of gun control laws are coming from republicans?
Unfortunately being pro gun and pro hunting/public land dont always fall into the same party. I wish they did, wouldnt that make things simpler.

Sad indeed...he may have company shortly based on private conversations between some others. People will surround themselves with people they get along with - not necessarily just those who share their exact opinions. I think part of the problem with some of our sisters/brothers of the outdoor world is that they sometimes believe that only one opinion counts and that they are enlightened or "woke" and that somehow magically makes their opinion superior to that of others. Let he who is without sin stand and cast the first stone. I myself will not be casting stones or declaring my opinion to be the only "right" way to think...others will continue to do just that and more will leave no doubt. I feel I have more to gain by being here than I contribute, and I'm grateful for the conversations I learn from here. I think that an individual who believes she/he has nothing left to learn is the most dangerous person in society

WTH...

I’ve thought about this thread a little in the last day and how my post may have been perceived.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with leaving HuntTalk. I think simplifying life by removing all sorts of things can be good, whether it be quitting an Internet forum or buying a flip phone.

I kind of take issue with publicly chitting on a venue you spent hundreds of hours in for free is all. And I’m pretty certain those who have left and those who will leave will still use the resource in an incognito fashion, unlogged-in and anonymous, and that’s fine.

Happy Trails Tim.

WTH...

I’ve thought about this thread a little in the last day and how my post may have been perceived.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with leaving HuntTalk. I think simplifying life by removing all sorts of things can be good, whether it be quitting an Internet forum or buying a flip phone.

I kind of take issue with publicly chitting on a venue you spent hundreds of hours in for free is all. And I’m pretty certain those who have left and those who will leave will still use the resource in an incognito fashion, unlogged-in and anonymous, and that’s fine.

Happy Trails Tim.
I don't think anyone has an issue with onpoint, or anyone else for that matter, deciding to leave. Its the sanctimonious preaching that seems childish. If you want to leave just leave.

Honestly the ire felt by the OP is probably more systemic then it seems.
The polarization that is currently taking place has drowned out a lot of sensible people in many platforms.

As Buzz would aptly categorize...soup coolers a runnin' for the low price of interweb service.

I believe how this thread has turned is what causes the rub with people.

It’s turned completely political in a negative way.....

Just my 2 cents....

Yup. The absolutists have to show up, carve out what side is right and the other side is wrong, making a clearly delineated line, then proudly proclaiming that they are on the side of righteousness and the rest of the world is a bunch of dumb asses who will never know better.

As predictable as my neighbor's dog a chittin' on my lawn every morning. Too bad, but that is how it is.

One can go back and read the posts and see where things started off the tracks.

Anyone willing to discuss issues relevant to Tim's parting farewell post?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back