Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Non resident fishing, Alaska

Reading the questions, I saw that even with proof of a test we have to take another one up there about a week into the stay! Just to prove you didn't catch it during the flight. Sheesh...

Uh-oh... More digging found this.

Crum detailed the changes to Health Mandate 10, outlining how incoming travelers at Alaska’s five major airports in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Sitka, Juneau and Ketchikan could expect to be met by greeters in bright orange vests. Incoming travelers will have three options to avoid a 14-day quarantine. Those who have received negative results from a PCR test within 72 hours of departure that can provide proof of the negative results upon entering Alaska may travel freely. People who are tested within five days of departure can take a second test at the airport upon arrival in Alaska or Alaskans traveling out of state for less than five days can be tested at the airport or isolate themselves. Crum said that vouchers would be provided at the airport testing sites for a second test to be taken within two weeks of arrival.

Crum said that passengers getting off airplanes can expect to be met by greeters, screeners and testers and that many airports around the state are hiring locally for these positions. Airlines providing flights in Alaska have been contacted by state health officials to display Alaska’s health mandates to prospective airplane passengers and many airlines require passengers to wear masks. Airports in Wrangell, Gustavus and Petersburg will also have testing along ‘milk run’ flights in southeast Alaska. On Wednesday, the Kenai Peninsula and Anchorage both reported six new cases of COVID-19.

Uh-oh... More digging found this.

Crum detailed the changes to Health Mandate 10, outlining how incoming travelers at Alaska’s five major airports in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Sitka, Juneau and Ketchikan could expect to be met by greeters in bright orange vests. Incoming travelers will have three options to avoid a 14-day quarantine. Those who have received negative results from a PCR test within 72 hours of departure that can provide proof of the negative results upon entering Alaska may travel freely. People who are tested within five days of departure can take a second test at the airport upon arrival in Alaska or Alaskans traveling out of state for less than five days can be tested at the airport or isolate themselves. Crum said that vouchers would be provided at the airport testing sites for a second test to be taken within two weeks of arrival.

Crum said that passengers getting off airplanes can expect to be met by greeters, screeners and testers and that many airports around the state are hiring locally for these positions. Airlines providing flights in Alaska have been contacted by state health officials to display Alaska’s health mandates to prospective airplane passengers and many airlines require passengers to wear masks. Airports in Wrangell, Gustavus and Petersburg will also have testing along ‘milk run’ flights in southeast Alaska. On Wednesday, the Kenai Peninsula and Anchorage both reported six new cases of COVID-19.
Sorry Dave, you are just going to have to stay in Illinois!

Sorry Dave, you are just going to have to stay in Illinois!
Screw it. I'm going! Rental pick-up truck already booked.
e522674

Oh yeah. Fishing gear and weapon of my choice for grouse hunting have already been arranged, as well!

I'm really hating the buzz word " New Normal" this better not be it. If things don't change I'm going to be cancelling my flight to AK.

We're working on getting tested before going. Depends on who you are and who your doctor is, but we think we're going to get tested. For a week long trip that should cover us. Kinda glad we didn't do our usual two weeks this year with that re testing requirements.

I'll let everyone know what I see June 19

We're working on getting tested before going. Depends on who you are and who your doctor is, but we think we're going to get tested. For a week long trip that should cover us. Kinda glad we didn't do our usual two weeks this year with that re testing requirements.

I'll let everyone know what I see June 19
Should be interesting to hear how the "checkers" are set up and if you could get past them or not. I agree on the retest during your trip. Who wants to take the time out to drive somewhere to do it and wait for the results? And how would they enforce it? I think we would blow that part off if it was still in effect on our trip. Good luck!

What if you never leave the airport in Anchorage and make a connection to another location within the State that doesn't have the orange vest greeters?

What if you never leave the airport in Anchorage and make a connection to another location within the State that doesn't have the orange vest greeters?
Just a guess so far, but I would "guess" the greeters would be there when you disembark before you could scatter elsewhere. They would know where that flight was coming from. Time and travelers will tell!

Flights booked! We're locked in now! Airfare is extremely cheap as well. Using my Alaska Air credit card and the companion airfare discount, round trip from Chicago to Anchorage nonstop was $432 for the 2 of us!

Flights booked! We're locked in now! Airfare is extremely cheap as well. Using my Alaska Air credit card and the companion airfare discount, round trip from Chicago to Anchorage nonstop was $432 for the 2 of us!

I’m booking my flight for our moose hunt on Tuesday. Talking to our transporter yesterday he felt like the restrictions would be changed again before our hunt at the end of August, but obviously no one knows. We are flying into the field for 14 days, so if the retest is still required within 7 days of arrival, I’ll be skipping it. If you don’t hear from me by September 15th....I’m in the clink. Someone please bail me out.

And what if your trip is only 4-5 days total? What a mess, I’m supposed to be heading up first part of August but my doubts are growing

And what if your trip is only 4-5 days total? What a mess, I’m supposed to be heading up first part of August but my doubts are growing
I wouldn't worry about it too much yet... Lots of time between now and then... I'm sure they will change their minds five times before you're set to head up!

I read the article it seems like they leave it to the person to self quarantine. So as long as you are not eating in restaurants and going in public places should be fine to fishing, charter boat, hunting.... It also looks like if you get the test within 5 days before they just to stay out of public. I am not too worried about booking tickets now.
The only question is what about connecting flights? If you land in anchorage get the test or give test results will they let you get on the next flight?

Back