Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Nephews 1st Pronghorn

AZ402

So I just got back from a 2000 mile round trip drive/hunt. (We took the scenic route home). The posse was my 5 year old Son, my 13 year old Nephew Armando who had the tag and my 15 year old Nephew Tre' who wanted to come along.

I pulled and all-nighter on Wednesday/Thursday to make my destination. I met up with Jose Cuervo for a quick chat over B-fast on Thursday Morning, nice meeting you. We mostly talked about a plan to steal all Cj's Gold Shillings.

Thursday I did my best to get familar with the area. We weren't allowed on our area until Friday.

A huge thanks to BuzzH for the pointers and leads, they are and were very much appreciated.

So sunrise on Friday arrives, right out of the gate I glass up a shooter buck for us. Well after a missed shot and several more busted stalks, my Nephew made a 240yrd shot on this buck. I'm not sure who was more pumped, him or I.

Wylope019.jpg

So I went to the truck, gathered my Son and other Nephew for a skinning/gutting lesson. We got the lope all cut up and on the packs. But not before snapping off a "Posse" photo.

Wylope022.jpg

Buzz was nice enough to come to the hotel room that night. We had a good talk, then I headed off to bed with a long drive ahead the following day.

On the way home I also got to stop by and have a good chat with Oak, Very nice to meet you, you wife and your fellow little Redhead.

All in all it was a great trip, hope to do it again some time fairly soon.

Great stuff, Stan. You are a great Uncle. Big thanks to you and all who helped. Congrats to Armando.

Big congrats to Armando!!!! That is a great buck for a GREAT kid!!!!

The Posse was a good bunch of kids and that was awesome of you to spend 2000 miles without a back-up driver.

Glad to hear you guys made it home safe, I just rolled in from my 800 mile return....

Sounds like a great trip! Congrats to your nephew on a fantastic first prong! Very nice! The community here holds quite the value!

Congrats on a great time with family!

That's a great first buck. Congrats to Armando. He's pretty lucky to have an uncle that gets him involved the way he does.

It was good to finally meet Stan in person. Wish we would have had more time to BS. That was a very well-mannered crew you had with you. The dog misses them. :)

Now that's a team field photo that I do enjoy seeing. Well done fellas.

ah yes 30 Capri Suns on ice. Now I get it.

Obviously not a Utah crew, but good enough hero shot:D

Well done, Stan. A lot of people wouldn't spend 10% of the time or energy on their own kids, the way you did for your nephew. Great that you got the gang on a long and successful roadie!

That was a great story and awesome field photos. That was great what you done for the kids. It would be hard enough for most people to take the time to take one nephew, muchless three boys on a long trip like that, but you showed them the time of their life! I have a hard time taking that many to WalMart down the road! :confused:

Great crew photo and a great buck. You just gave them a trip that they will remember and recall around the campfire for the rest of there lives. I am sure we will be seeing lots more of the this crew in the future. Good job!

Really cool that Brazen got to go Stan....he'll be on the trigger before you know it.

Great job on that nice lope. Looks like a good family get together.

Dude that is awesome. Armando is getting a pretty good collection of game piled up thanks to his uncle.

Back