PEAX Equipment

National Park Entrance Fee Increase

I'd support charging industry the same amount they get charged on private lands for mineral rights. We're giving away our resources like oil, gas, coal AND URANIUM at rock-bottom prices and this administration wants to lower them even more, while removing the stipulations that help ensure the outdoor economy remains strong and resilient. It's the worst form of crony economics we've seen since teapot dome.

As a landowner and stakeholder, I don't want my employees (gov't) giving away my resources. I want them to responsibly manage, and get the most for the opportunity they provide - especially to an industry with such large profit margins & existing public subsidies.

There I fixed it for you, you had forgotten one.

Is there really resource extraction taking place on a large scale in National Parks and monuments? I thought that designation was meant to prevent such activity.

"Originally Posted by Ben Lamb View Post
I'd support charging industry the same amount they get charged on private lands for mineral rights. We're giving away our resources like oil, gas, coal AND URANIUM at rock-bottom prices and this administration wants to lower them even more, while removing the stipulations that help ensure the outdoor economy remains strong and resilient. It's the worst form of crony economics we've seen since teapot dome.

As a landowner and stakeholder, I don't want my employees (gov't) giving away my resources. I want them to responsibly manage, and get the most for the opportunity they provide - especially to an industry with such large profit margins & existing public subsidies."

Old news. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Is there really resource extraction taking place on a large scale in National Parks and monuments? I thought that designation was meant to prevent such activity.

Some National Parks & Monuments have pre-existing mineral leases in them, and the Bishop Anti-Antiquities Act bill would effectively gut monument protection so that you still have those single-use activities (activities that displace all other uses). While the enabling proclamations can protect landscapes under Monument status, there are still laws that bind leases & rights together that, especially in the case of minerals, are supercedent to protective desinations and require either extra administration action to nullify, or congressional action.

As for the uniranium dig, sure. Any minerals that we lease as sub-market rates should be done so at the market rate. We don't need to subsidize corporations, nor should we subsidize foreign interests who want to exploit our resources.

Forgot another one....our grass. Grazing fees are absurdly low compared to what is charged on private land. It costs more to regulate grazing on Federal land than what they get in fees...MILLIONS and MILLIONS more. Time to wean welfare ranchers off the Government teat.

If by non-residents you mean non-citizens then yes! If by non-residents you mean folks who are from a different state then no.

If there are wildlife in the park and you need a pass to access the park then non-residents should pay 10x as much. Residents pay all sort of extra costs in their state and whether is an elk license or a park entrance fee or using a parking meter then 10x should be the rule though of course there should be a limit on non-resident park passes and parking spaces in the 10% range of all passes and spaces.

If anything I think the residents, especially the locals, are getting the real bargain in this scheme. They're paying $75-$80 per year for unlimited access while non-resident tourists are being asked to pay nearly the same amount for a week or whatever it is. Maybe they're trying to sell more annual passes.

We could probably price national parks just like Disneyworld however the current price point was likely designed exactly for the price it is...access for all.

I am sorry for the congestion in some areas but I think the alternative is not as good.

If there are wildlife in the park and you need a pass to access the park then non-residents should pay 10x as much. Residents pay all sort of extra costs in their state and whether is an elk license or a park entrance fee or using a parking meter then 10x should be the rule though of course there should be a limit on non-resident park passes and parking spaces in the 10% range of all passes and spaces.

Are you referring, for example, something like Glacier State Park or Mostly Wyoming Yellowstone State Park?

Are you referring, for example, something like Glacier State Park or Mostly Wyoming Yellowstone State Park?

Any park. Non-residents need to stop free-loading on the roads we paid for in our own state. Put up a toll booth and if they sneak around then build a really tall wall. Non-residents are the scourge of the Earth and no reason they should not pay more when they step outside their state. I like how NM will not even let non-residents get any of certain types of tags or even access land to hunt that residents can access. That is fantastic. Oregon is on track with 10% and less for certain big game tags. Heck, 3% is probably too generous. California has it even better with their "up to 1 tag" approach. Be nice to a non-resident and the next thing you know they are dancing with your women, too.

If I recall, Ben pointed out to me in another thread that parks don’t keep the money they raise. It goes to the treasury and they rely on congressional appropriations.
If true, the extra revenue won’t help the parks one bit.

If I recall, Ben pointed out to me in another thread that parks don’t keep the money they raise. It goes to the treasury and they rely on congressional appropriations.
If true, the extra revenue won’t help the parks one bit.

Yep. Here's what the Trump budget proposed: https://medium.com/westwise/in-thei...-crippling-cuts-in-trumps-budget-ea6d19f420fd

I'll see if I can dig up what just passed congress, but my guess is it won't be too far off of this.

More money from the working class so multi-millionaires get their handouts. DRAIN THE SWAMP! MAGA!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back