Yeti GOBOX Collection

Zinke grants industry wish list while shutting out the public

I'm definitely in the small fraction as well... although I thought everyone did... no? Also I'm always blown away by how almost instantaneous it is... like I can eat a beet, drink a glass of water, and in 2 min... red pee... small price to pay for the deliciousness that are beets.

TMI dudes, TMI. :D

And many could argue, for a long time, that NEPA's application has been haphazard and inconsistent when it comes to actually conserving wildlife while politicians look to weaken the public's voice in land management decisions.

And you'd both be right.
NEPA doesn't conserve anything. Policy, management plans, and projects do... ;) :D I won't argue haphazard or inconsistent as that is part and parcel of my first line of argument.

I'll be having fried perch and country green beans made with venison bacon for dinner. Not excited about changing wheel hubs on my sons 2003 buick century this weekend. Everything is rust married together.

Oh, and for the original post. The message gets lost in all the condescension.

NEPA doesn't conserve anything. Policy, management plans, and projects do... ;) :D I won't argue haphazard or inconsistent as that is part and parcel of my first line of argument.

Touche.

:)

Back to my dayquil and sitcoms while I sling mucus across the room.

Mark cut and pasted an editorial from the Western Watershed Project. They are an anti hunting, anti grazing, serial litigation organization. To be fair to Mark, I doubt he even knows who WWP are.

Here's an example of what they stand for.......

https://howlingforjustice.wordpress...hern-rockies-gray-wolves-for-five-more-years/

BigHorn: When it comes to the issue at hand, I could care less that a so called anti-hunting group is involved. Just because a group is anti-hunting does not mean I am forced to come out on the opposite side of every single issue they are involved in. I would say the energy development at any cost crowd that this administration is pandering to is anti-hunting. Nice try though

BigHorn: When it comes to the issue at hand, I could care less that a so called anti-hunting group is involved. Just because a group is anti-hunting does not mean I am forced to come out on the opposite side of every single issue they are involved in. I would say the energy development at any cost crowd that this administration is pandering to is anti-hunting. Nice try though

You are not forced to do anything. If you want to support WWP that's your choice. I have no use for them....that's my choice.

Here's an issue at hand that WWP is weighing in on. I support multiple use. WWP does not. Where do you fall on this issue? Good project or not?

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/state/idaho/article200283839.html

If he said WWP is anti-public-lands-ranching I would agree, but they aren't anti hunting in the broader sense. They are agenda driven and do not treat the facts fairly. Interestingly enough, Director Ken Cole, who was quoted in the article and identified himself as a hunter, is on the board of a certain bighorn sheep society dedicated to the assurance of "the sportsman’s rights in proper opportunities." Kinda ironic.

If he said WWP is anti-public-lands-ranching I would agree, but they aren't anti hunting in the broader sense. They are agenda driven and do not treat the facts fairly. Interestingly enough, Director Ken Cole, who was quoted in the article and identified himself as a hunter, is on the board of a certain bighorn sheep society dedicated to the assurance of "the sportsman’s rights in proper opportunities." Kinda ironic.

Matt Koehler identified himself as a hunter in the article.

"As a backcountry elk and deer hunter myself, I find it appalling that in Montana hunters and trappers can legally kill up to five wolves annually, including deep within our Wilderness areas,” said Matthew Koehler, director of the Montana-based WildWest Institute. “Essentially this allows hunters or trappers to legally wipe out an entire wolf pack"

He doesn't believe in multiple use either and is a serial litigant.

Here's a good one. WWP and wild horse advocates have decided to work together to promote their agenda. Nice!

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2017...-livestock-are-the-problem-on-western-ranges/

The editorial posted by Mark did mention the unfettered slaughter of wild horses. Making sense now.

"Nevertheless, the Interior Department wants to exempt “vegetation treatments” from NEPA, eliminating any environmental analysis, and any opportunity for public comment regarding these devastating projects. The department likewise seeks to log public forests, spray pesticides across public rangelands, and slaughter wild horses without any kind of formal deliberation or public oversight. All of these projects — and more — would be fast-tracked through the approval process and implemented without analysis."

Last edited:
Matt Koehler identified himself as a hunter in the article.

"As a backcountry elk and deer hunter myself, I find it appalling that in Montana hunters and trappers can legally kill up to five wolves annually, including deep within our Wilderness areas,” said Matthew Koehler, director of the Montana-based WildWest Institute. “Essentially this allows hunters or trappers to legally wipe out an entire wolf pack"

He doesn't believe in multiple use either and is a serial litigant.

My mistake, I thought it was a continuation of Cole's comments. I know little of Cole, only that he likes wolves. I'm sure he doesn't support hunting of predators, but that isn't uncommon of people who support hunting. I do not support WWP's mission which in Marvel's day was to destabilize the ranching industry.

Koehler is a real piece of work. He used to cut/paste his rants about groups collaborating on every comment section remotely related to forests. I told him to shut up once when he was whining about Tester during his race against Rehberg. So there, I should be your hero.

Venison chili for lunch, left over from last night.

Had the most amazing elk shanks the other night. I browned the shanks and then I poured a can of diced tomatoes in the pot and let them cook covered at 275 for about 5 hours. Then I let them sit in the garage (it was cold) for two days. Then I put in diced carrots, celery, and corn and let them cook another hour. Not sure what it was, but even the sinews were tasty.

rg

Venison chili for lunch, left over from last night.

Had the most amazing elk shanks the other night. I browned the shanks and then I poured a can of diced tomatoes in the pot and let them cook covered at 275 for about 5 hours. Then I let them sit in the garage (it was cold) for two days. Then I put in diced carrots, celery, and corn and let them cook another hour. Not sure what it was, but even the sinews were tasty.

rg

Don't forget the delicious marrow.

This thread is making me hungry! Gonna need to start hunting some Jackalopes. I hear they are delicious.

Bighorn: I have never heard of the group you are talking about before in my life. I could care less where they stand on this particular issue. As a hunter and angler who recreates on public land and cares about conserving our natural resources, I know where I stand on this particular issue. If this WWP group that is supposedly anti-hunting stands on the same side of the issue then so be it. It has no bearing on my personal beliefs

Back