Yeti GOBOX Collection

MT Ram

If it makes you feel any better, I was in the unit south of you elk hunting last week and saw rams every day. One that any one of the permit holders would have shot in a heartbeat.
Most were where they had been hunting right until the very end.😳

A5692780-A2A4-4933-885C-A49322543299.jpegGot some practice life size skinning a bighorn today. Saw a few rams this AM and tucked in under a fire out of the wind to await the evening glassing. Heard a very close shot, so walked down to the trail and followed footprints. Came across a young lady and her husband with one of the rams I saw in the AM. Very nice folks.

Only me and 2 other tagholders now.

View attachment 202004Got some practice life size skinning a bighorn today. Saw a few rams this AM and tucked in under a fire out of the wind to await the evening glassing. Heard a very close shot, so walked down to the trail and followed footprints. Came across a young lady and her husband with one of the rams I saw in the AM. Very nice folks.

Only me and 2 other tagholders now.
That lucky hunter didn't happen to be scouting rams this summer while doing yoga? 🤭

If it makes you feel any better, I was in the unit south of you elk hunting last week and saw rams every day. One that any one of the permit holders would have shot in a heartbeat.
Most were where they had been hunting right until the very end.😳
There's big rams along the roads in all sorts of places, rutting it up. I have yet to see any of that. Peaks has no snow below 8000ft. Not complaining. Not gonna lie, I am tired of hearing about all the big rutting rams everywhere else. If it were happening in 301 I believe I'd know. It's all good. Last year all the permits but one were filled in the last 5 days of the season and they were all 7-8 year old rams. The best is yet to come. I'll appreciate it.

Came home the other day and found my friend and son had hung a 7ft metallic print of the image in my very first post on this thread in my living room. Intended to break the curse. I smell like sheep & have a chunk of backstrap in my fridge. Worse things than a 12 day sheep hunt in MT..

Last edited:
Not that you need a dumb@$$ easterner to tell you this but I'm sure as hell pulling for you. Been following it the whole time. You've really done this right and you can feel what you've invested in your posts. Good luck, I know this is going to have the perfect ending to a perfect hunt.

And a perfect thread for that matter. If there is anything missing we only have a short time to add it. But I know it's had pics, beer, nudity, moral outrage, etc, etc.........

@Greenhorn best of luck to you. I’d be happy to buy you a Hopslam if our paths ever cross. I’m kind of partial to Two Hearted myself.
I am too Beanland, I am too.
Same. There, I just got someone’s hopes up, only to be dashed by meaningless commentary.
I was the victim this time 😂

Wishing you good luck again GH

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back