MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT Ram

Spanish Peaks Beat Down 2021 continues. It’s been a tough week. Missed a few times I’d have preferred to have been hiking but have been sick. Thursday saw what looked like an XL ram while glassing from the ice rink in town. Better vantage than gas station. It was at nearly 9000ft with a couple ewes. I grabbed a couple pals and we took off on what I thought would be a sure thing, for at least a better look. Here’s the profile of that hike for one spotted from the road. The sheep were a no show.

A26F3C3D-F2F9-40C1-BBC0-7983B7C6476E.png

Spotted one tonight within easy range but left before getting too temped in low light and not to be rushed. Will be looking closer tomorrow..
38A2C19F-E984-465A-8CFC-2AB1862AF5C8.jpeg

1DA407B2-15EC-4BB9-8FBC-7DF80D7A61BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Spanish Peaks Beat Down 2021 continues. It’s been a tough week. Missed a few times I’d have preferred to have been hiking but have been sick. Thursday saw what looked like an XL ram while glassing from the ice rink in town. Better vantage than gas station. It was at nearly 9000ft with a couple ewes. I grabbed a couple pals and we took off on what I thought would be a sure thing, for at least a better look. Here’s the profile of that hike for one spotted from the road.

View attachment 202426

Spotted one tonight within east range but left before getting too temped in low light and not to be rushed. Will be looking closer tomorrow..
View attachment 202427

View attachment 202428
That ram checks a lot of boxes…

Glad you are finding some rams .

Spanish Peaks Beat Down 2021 continues. It’s been a tough week. Missed a few times I’d have preferred to have been hiking but have been sick. Thursday saw what looked like an XL ram while glassing from the ice rink in town. Better vantage than gas station. It was at nearly 9000ft with a couple ewes. I grabbed a couple pals and we took off on what I thought would be a sure thing, for at least a better look. Here’s the profile of that hike for one spotted from the road. The sheep were a no show.

View attachment 202426

Spotted one tonight within easy range but left before getting too temped in low light and not to be rushed. Will be looking closer tomorrow..
View attachment 202427

View attachment 202428
I like how he appears to carry his mass through the button of the curl. Really nice ram. You got this.

Well with only 1 tag holder left I guess I wouldn't sweat it too much if he isn't the one. Still have a week and the hunting will only get better in time. Plus I'm thinking about myself and how I don't want this to end quite yet tbh. 😂😂
It's most likely the only sheep hunt I'll go on. Lol

Back