MT FWP app

So here's something I didn't like about the app today. I was in a place with no cell service today and decided to try out the app since I had no service. It wouldn't open up at all. I closed the app, restarted the phone and never would come up. I got to a place with some service and it opened up with my info. Went back into a place with no service and it did open that time. Not sure what happened the previous time but I was thinking the whole time there what would have happened had a GW been standing in front of me asking to see my license and info. I'd likely be getting a ticket!

So here's something I didn't like about the app today. I was in a place with no cell service today and decided to try out the app since I had no service. It wouldn't open up at all. I closed the app, restarted the phone and never would come up. I got to a place with some service and it opened up with my info. Went back into a place with no service and it did open that time. Not sure what happened the previous time but I was thinking the whole time there what would have happened had a GW been standing in front of me asking to see my license and info. I'd likely be getting a ticket!
I think they mentioned to open up the app before heading in to places where service may be spotty or non-existent.

Looks like you confirmed that

@BRI had you opened the app previously or just downloaded it?

I put my phone on airplane mode and was able to open it up and see all my 2021 stuff under the Items Held tab at the bottom.

I do know with Oregon’s app, every time you buy an item you have to sync the app before you go out of cell range.

@JLS I had opened up the app previously and logged in. I don't have cell service at my office so I turned off wifi and it opened fine the next time. 🤷‍♂️

I have taken a screen shot of items held in the event it happens again. Hopefully get an understanding GW in that instance.

This app thing has really got me down. I loaded it on my phone and now I'm dead. Cannot access the app on my phone. Cannot now access my FWP account and all i get from MFWP is to try and recreate my account from scratch but that is not working, I am not recognized now I am pretty much just screwed in place. I hope i can figure this out in the next couple of weeks.
Fantastic.

This app thing has really got me down. I loaded it on my phone and now I'm dead. Cannot access the app on my phone. Cannot now access my FWP account and all i get from MFWP is to try and recreate my account from scratch but that is not working, I am not recognized now I am pretty much just screwed in place. I hope i can figure this out in the next couple of weeks.
Fantastic.
Did you use a different zip code for whatever reason?

I paid the same price, so I think Jonas got the same deal I did. It’s the new super sportsman with bears combo. 2 general elk, 5 general deer, 3 bears, 1 sheep, 6 wolves, 1 lion, 4 paddlefish, and coupons to redeem for your choice of up to 20 B tags for any species other than moose.
Ahhh the Montana good old boy license package. Get it every year but at a discount for a senior. ;)

Just curious if anyone here Was willing to potentially burn their mule deer bonus points and apply for the new limited entry rut permits in units with three week general seasons and the few new limited entry areas?

I kept my application the same as years past.

I’m curious as to how the law will read with respect to technological issues. For instance, the app won’t open in the field.

I have to think there will have to be some level of deference to the hunter. Particularly in light of the time and date stamps on everything done in and through the app.

For instance, Joe Sixpack is checked, app won’t run correctly so he can’t show his license. I would truly hope there is no way he gets a ticket for that.

I’m curious as to how the law will read with respect to technological issues. For instance, the app won’t open in the field.

I have to think there will have to be some level of deference to the hunter. Particularly in light of the time and date stamps on everything done in and through the app.

For instance, Joe Sixpack is checked, app won’t run correctly so he can’t show his license. I would truly hope there is no way he gets a ticket for that.

Why would you trust legal issues to an app that may or may not work on your phone? Everybody has a different tolerance for risk, I guess.

QQ

We have used the app in VA. for several seasons now. You may need to sync your data that is a must do on ours if your gonna be out of cell service. On ours we can notch tags even out of service and once back in service telecheck the animal. It works great!

We have it here in WI where the licenses can be linked to your drivers license, for fishing atleast because no validation is required. The wardens have access with or without service to the database. Is this one run the same way? Where let's say your app won't work the warden should have access on his or her phone or computer depending on where the stop occurs?

So, in the end, Montana gets $666/year for an NR to collect all PP/BP for 6 species? D/E/M/S/G/Bison. I created my cart and it would be$1552 out of pocket today. And then I would plan on the 80% refund ($886) on the $1108 big game combo (=$666 net annual cost).

I can see how guys 10-15 years in to MT would want to keep going. But I wonder what new applicants are seeing in MT draw odds when deciding to start out at $666/year. Even my son/youth would still be about $550/year.

And at any time, MT could devalue the points further (like WY just did for Moose/Sheep). Not only could MT devalue them at any time, they could completely erase their value and adopt a new system.

Reactions: DFS
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back