MT FWP app

golfer

Well who’s downloaded the new app now that it’s available?

I am going to try it for a year. Biggest issue I see so far is I now have to make sure my phone goes with me whenever I am fishing or hunting, which in the past I have not always taken it.

I didn’t realize it was available yet. I just downloaded it.

I just downloaded it. Was really easy to get setup. Still debating on going with the e tag or paper, but probably e tag. It’ll be great for licenses and not having to move around from vehicle to vehicle.

Can you have paper tags and also etags?

Sometimes I forget my phone and I know my tags and licenses are in my pack.

Anyone know who made the MT app?
Looks like CO just released one through Aspira.

I believe so? There are a few FAQ’s on their site outlining the new app on their web page.

I believe so? There are a few FAQ’s on their site outlining the new app on their web page.

Looks like no​

Things to Know​

You have a choice

You can choose whether to carry the traditional paper tags or E-Tags for each transaction, but you can’t choose both. An E-Tag is a digital carcass tag that can be stored and validated using the Montana MyFWP app. Remember, your decision between an E-Tag or paper tag is final for the remainder of the license year for that tag.

Point of comparison: Oregon has a similar app, and you specifically cannot use both simultaneously.

You all do what you want in Montana, but here in Oregon I have continued to use paper tags because I see the foolishness of using a system where I am committing a game violation if my phone battery dies in the woods.

QQ

Looks like no​

Things to Know​

You have a choice

You can choose whether to carry the traditional paper tags or E-Tags for each transaction, but you can’t choose both. An E-Tag is a digital carcass tag that can be stored and validated using the Montana MyFWP app. Remember, your decision between an E-Tag or paper tag is final for the remainder of the license year for that tag.
My mistake.

Point of comparison: Oregon has a similar app, and you specifically cannot use both simultaneously.

You all do what you want in Montana, but here in Oregon I have continued to use paper tags because I see the foolishness of using a system where I am committing a game violation if my phone battery dies in the woods.

QQ
Fair point. I always carry a battery pack or have access to a vehicle, but it is something to consider.

There are E tags you validate on the app. The app worked well for me.

I opted to try it so we will . Well I guess I’m a few years when I draw we’ll see

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back