Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT FWP app

So, in the end, Montana gets $666/year for an NR to collect all PP/BP for 6 species? D/E/M/S/G/Bison. I created my cart and it would be$1552 out of pocket today. And then I would plan on the 80% refund ($886) on the $1108 big game combo (=$666 net annual cost).

I can see how guys 10-15 years in to MT would want to keep going. But I wonder what new applicants are seeing in MT draw odds when deciding to start out at $666/year. Even my son/youth would still be about $550/year.

And at any time, MT could devalue the points further (like WY just did for Moose/Sheep). Not only could MT devalue them at any time, they could completely erase their value and adopt a new system.
Damn. That is steep.

So, in the end, Montana gets $666/year for an NR to collect all PP/BP for 6 species? D/E/M/S/G/Bison. I created my cart and it would be$1552 out of pocket today. And then I would plan on the 80% refund ($886) on the $1108 big game combo (=$666 net annual cost).

I can see how guys 10-15 years in to MT would want to keep going. But I wonder what new applicants are seeing in MT draw odds when deciding to start out at $666/year. Even my son/youth would still be about $550/year.

And at any time, MT could devalue the points further (like WY just did for Moose/Sheep). Not only could MT devalue them at any time, they could completely erase their value and adopt a new system.
If I didn’t live here I wouldn’t even consider that for a nonresident. Much better options available.

Sounds like FWP pushed out an update for the app. Mine has crashed and won't let me in

EDIT: Received word from their IT people. The vendor has a fix for the bug the caused on Friday and is hoping to get an update out in "later today or tomorrow"

Last edited:
Opted to print my tags at home as I did last year. Like a dumbass, I jammed my printer when it came time to print my tags so now I'll have to wait for them to come in the mail. Guess I should have used the etags instead of acting like a boomer.

Last edited:
Sounds like FWP pushed out an update for the app. Mine has crashed and won't let me in

EDIT: Received word from their IT people. The vendor has a fix for the bug the caused on Friday and is hoping to get an update out in "later today or tomorrow"
What? A bug? Already? mtmuley

AFTER my wife and I completed our entires into the Elk Big Game Combo draw for "paper tags", we decided to get the app. I don't trust new technology and the paper tags will make it feel more "real".

When we put in for the NR Elk Combo PP draw this year, we went ahead and purchased all the other items required to allow us to fully enjoy or upcoming hunting trip to MT in the fall. Out the door, we were right at $1175 per person just for Elk combo and small game. It is quivalent to CO with a longer drive, but more hospitable people and better views.

No complaints here. We understand that we are visitors in your state. We look forward to an adventure.

Stopped in at FWP today and bought my licenses. Chose the app. Asked the clerk how that was going and he said on the first day the app came out 77 people validated their deer, elk, or bear tags. As of today there is not a way for FWP to reinstate their tags. I wonder what that number will be before the seasons starts.

Stopped in at FWP today and bought my licenses. Chose the app. Asked the clerk how that was going and he said on the first day the app came out 77 people validated their deer, elk, or bear tags. As of today there is not a way for FWP to reinstate their tags. I wonder what that number will be before the seasons starts.
After I tried to print my own tags last year and it didn’t work and I went directly to the office and they made me use my replacement tags (in march) I will be going directly to the office and make them do it. Until I have good feedback. Hope it works good I will be all in.

I look at points more like car insurance, sick days, and lottery tickets

The cost is set by someone else, the odds are steep to non-existent, and most likely, I won’t ever use them or benefit from them.

But there’s always a chance.

The problem only arises if I think I actually possess something

Took me 36 years of applying to draw my first big three permit…..I don’t expect I’ll draw another, but I will still try. In many states. Until I can’t.

I wish we had to pony up the money up front. I bet then we wouldn't have districts with 10k people applying in them.
I bet it wouldn’t change as much as you think. Hunting was floating around fine until people started to try to make money off of it, especially the public land DIY guys. Influencers, magazines, social media such as this site, the train has came off the tracks and there is no turning back. And we all are watching the shit show. I have a front row seat. 🍿

I bet it wouldn’t change as much as you think. Hunting was floating around fine until people started to try to make money off of it, especially the public land DIY guys. Influencers, magazines, social media such as this site, the train has came off the tracks and there is no turning back. And we all are watching the shit show. I have a front row seat. 🍿
I'd like to see how the number of applicants moved in the MSG draw after up front money wasn't required. Bet it changed. A bunch. mtmuley

unfortunate truth

I'd say it has a tremendous effect on NR especially maybe some NR.

For me to pony up 4 to 5k to apply in different states up front. That's a pretty big deal to me. Seems to keep the odds "somewhat" in one's favor. It sure makes me consider things.

I dunno wishful thinking, but freebie shit with bullshit nickel and dime fees aren't working for anyone very well besides your cousin Hank.

Reactions: DFS
I'd like to see how the number of applicants moved in the MSG draw after up front money wasn't required. Bet it changed. A bunch. mtmuley
But why did it change I know people that started putting in for sheep tags after I drew one. I don’t have many friends so it wasn’t many. They could have cared less until they saw I had one. Now take that times 100,000 for social media posts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back