Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

McCloskey's AR-15 confiscated by police

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, it is possible that it could be a crime to brandish a weapon in your own yard. Let's hope they paid for that USCCA legal insurance.

The guy is a lawyer and probably knows a few good ones he can afford. I doubt he needs insurance. And yes, the wife's gun handling was poor and obviously amateurish, but she was scared for her life: "McCloskey highlighted that, along with the threats, members of the crowd were wearing body armor, carrying loaded magazines for weapons, and saying things like 'you’re next.'"
from here: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...ecurity-firms-initially-didnt-offer-any-help/

Rational? What rational? Don’t go drifting off into the weeds.

Who's off in the weeds? JLS's post was about weapons being seized as evidence, COEngineer's post was "...shall not be infringed..."

Just because my opinion doesn't mirror your own doesn't mean I'm off in the weeds. I simply restated that weapons can, will, and should be seized if considered as part of evidence of an alleged crime.

She must really been skeert to grab a handgun she knew didn't work. Probably a good thing it didn't work.

Attorney Al Watkins, who previously represented the couple, told reporters outside the courthouse Saturday that he was also turning over the hand gun Patricia McCloskey pointed at protesters, CBS St. Louis affiliate KMOV-TV reported. He said he was in possession of the gun to make sure it wasn't tampered with. He also claimed the gun doesn't work and that Patricia McCloskey knew that at the time of the protest.

Kicking down someone's gate and threatening their lives is also serious business. If the couple had been standing near the gate, they would have been justified in shooting to death all of the rioters, but you are ok with them having their guns confiscated for pointing a gun at the rioters?!?!?
Whose gate got kicked down, and whose lives were threatened? I think you may be confusing community property with personal property. The gate was for the neighborhood, not their yard. It is an important distinction. If they try that argument, they will lose.

She must really been skeert to grab a handgun she knew didn't work. Probably a good thing it didn't work.

Attorney Al Watkins, who previously represented the couple, told reporters outside the courthouse Saturday that he was also turning over the hand gun Patricia McCloskey pointed at protesters, CBS St. Louis affiliate KMOV-TV reported. He said he was in possession of the gun to make sure it wasn't tampered with. He also claimed the gun doesn't work and that Patricia McCloskey knew that at the time of the protest.
Of course she's claiming she "knew" it didn't work. It's the best defense she has right now.

The guy is a lawyer and probably knows a few good ones he can afford. I doubt he needs insurance. And yes, the wife's gun handling was poor and obviously amateurish, but she was scared for her life: "McCloskey highlighted that, along with the threats, members of the crowd were wearing body armor, carrying loaded magazines for weapons, and saying things like 'you’re next.'"
from here: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...ecurity-firms-initially-didnt-offer-any-help/

The Dede cause opened my eyes to limitations of the castle doctrine.

They did call; repeatedly and the po-lice didn’t respond. No one did. Frankly I’m impressed with the level of restraint they exhibited. I’d love to see how all you armchair qbacks will respond when they come your house. Maybe you’ll cower inside your home shacking in fear whilst the mob burns the house down with you in it. Y’all better watch that video again.
Well if your argument is you were afraid for your life... that posture might be helpful before a jury.

i think the courts should be able to clear all this up

if he is found innocent of the crime he is accused of and doesn't get his AR back i'll start crying foul of 2A infringement
Exactly

I bet Frank Azar has excellent trigger discipline just saying.

Yea, admittedly flippant...but none of us can say what we'd do or check statutes if a mob broke down a gate and stood yelling at your house..not even Clint in real life.

How many of you guys have been to St Louis?

Not that he didn't commit a crime, but I had much less of a problem with the husband's actions than I did the wife. She was dangerously out of control.

Not that he didn't commit a crime, but I had much less of a problem with the husband's actions than I did the wife. She was dangerously out of control.
His muzzle control and finger index wasn’t ideal either. There was at least once she walked right behind her hubby with her finger on the trigger and the pistol pointed at his mug.

They had no time to use a cell phone? But plenty of time to grab up a couple firearms?

Unbelievable.
When seconds count the police are just minutes away. Even if they did call the police and they responded, upon arriving the police wouldn't have done anything to stop or arrest the trespassing BLM thugs anyway. They were told to stand down. The DA is a leftist BLM sympathizer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back