McCloskey's AR-15 confiscated by police

Status
Not open for further replies.

COEngineer

The couple who stood in their yard with guns to scare off the protesters who busted through their gate (yes, with bad gun-handling, especially the wife) had their guns confiscated. Has no one heard of the 2nd Amendment? Did the Constitution get re-written when I wasn't paying attention? Seriously, WTF.

The couple who stood in their yard with guns to scare off the protesters who busted through their gate (yes, with bad gun-handling, especially the wife) had their guns confiscated. Has no one heard of the 2nd Amendment? Did the Constitution get re-written when I wasn't paying attention? Seriously, WTF.
Commit a crime involving weapons and your weapons will often be seized as evidence. They should have known this was coming.

A preview of what’s going to happen if 45 isn’t re-elected. Completely unconstitutional act. The police wouldn’t show up to help them and stop the violent trespassers even after multiple calls. I know we all don’t want to talk politics but you better start paying attention. These thugs aren’t playing and they will come for you. A fitting analogy is what happened to Cambodia when the Khmer Rouge seized power. You’ll have 2 choices only come Nov 3. Law and Order or chaos. Choose wisely because if chaos wins the day across the board the chaos will come for you and yours. They’ve already told you this and you should listen and believe.

What crime? You can't stand in your yard with a gun after a mob breaks through your gate?

I don’t know jack about this, but it sounds like there’s more to the story. I haven’t even seen the video, but our first reaction should be to learn more. Yes, it might be a violation of their rights, or it may be exactly what others stated above. We need less emotion in these times and more calm cool calculated thought.

A preview of what’s going to happen if 45 isn’t re-elected. Completely unconstitutional act. The police wouldn’t show up to help them and stop the violent trespassers even after multiple calls. I know we all don’t want to talk politics but you better start paying attention. These thugs aren’t playing and they will come for you. A fitting analogy is what happened to Cambodia when the Khmer Rouge seized power. You’ll have 2 choices only come Nov 3. Law and Order or chaos. Choose wisely because if chaos wins the day across the board the chaos will come for you and yours. They’ve already told you this and you should listen and believe.
BS. If you commit a hunting violation and a game warden seizes your rifle as evidence is that unconstitutional? That’s no different than this.

Commit a crime involving weapons and your weapons will often be seized as evidence. They should have known this was coming.
Except that there was not, in any scope of the imagination, a crime committed. These folks were not only ON their own property, they acted in response to a mob that had ALREADY forcibly trespassed onto privately owned housing addition property AND was threatening the lives and property of residents. This guy is an attorney and I can see a HUGE lawsuit in the works. This is the very definition of prosecutorial misconduct.....

Except that there was not, in any scope of the imagination, a crime committed. These folks were not only ON their own property, they acted in response to a mob that had ALREADY forcibly trespassed onto privately owned housing addition property AND was threatening the lives and property of residents. This guy is an attorney and I can see a HUGE lawsuit in the works. This is the very definition of prosecutorial misconduct.....
I’m not saying they are guilty or they’re not. Just what they are likely to be charged with, and having your weapons seized as evidence is a routine part of that.

lot been talked about this already that i think is relevant

i'm a firm 2A guy. but if i point a gun at somebody who isn't in the act of threatening me with great bodily injury or death as defined by the laws of my state i just committed a crime, and you bet the cops will be knocking on my door with a warrant

What crime? You can't stand in your yard with a gun after a mob breaks through your gate?

Missouri Revised Statutes - § 571.030. — Unlawful use of weapons--exceptions--penalties.
(4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner; or

In my CC class they said the definition of brandishing is pretty broad. The recommendation was that if your weapon accidentally becomes visible in a public setting and your confronted to as quickly and politely as possible vacate the area and do everything to minimize the confrontation.

My understanding of the castle doctrine in Missouri and other states is that you don't have the duty to retreat from your own property, and can use deadly force to defend against a reasonable imminent threat to yourself or others.

Depends on the state but in many pets and animals are property and defense of property isn't included. So someone could kill your dog and you still wouldn't be justified in using deadly force.

Pretty clear to me that the violated the Missouri Statutes.

lot been talked about this already that i think is relevant

i'm a firm 2A guy. but if i point a gun at somebody who isn't in the act of threatening me with great bodily injury or death as defined by the laws of my state i just committed a crime, and you bet the cops will be knocking on my door with a warrant
Did you miss that their LIVES and property WERE threatened in the face of a mob that had committed forcible trespassing (burglary in most jurisdictions)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back