McCloskey's AR-15 confiscated by police

Status
Not open for further replies.
The subdivision might be private, but that is different than their own personal property.

Let's say you were a member of a private rifle club, and a group of kids knocked down the gate, came in and started using the range. Do you have the right to point your gun at those kids, with the position that you are defending private property?

What part of this looks like a club entrance to you? Your analogy is way off. That's their house in the background. 20 feet of grass between the sidewalk and their door.

1594663850880.png

What part of this looks like a club entrance to you? Your analogy is way off. That's their house in the background. 20 feet of grass between the sidewalk and their door.

View attachment 146745
LOL I've seen way bigger and stronger gates at the entrance to shooting clubs. And they all say "Private Property" which is why I used that analogy.

Okay, let's say you're staying in your RV at a private campground. Some college students crash the gate with the intent to come in and party. You have the first RV on the right, coming in the campground. Is it your job to defend the campground? Do you have the right to defend the whole campground, or just your RV?

There are rules about these things. We aren't reinventing the wheel here. Oh wait, maybe we are. LOL

Last edited:
There are too many people guessing to even address. It’s obvious some believe the couple are heroes and victims and others feel they over reacted. Some feel taking firearms is a violation and other believe it’s not. My only hope is that people are only internet heroes.

With over 25 years LE...

I wouldn’t have handled the situation the way they did. From the video...I can see several laws being broken by the home owners and the BLM group.

Stay safe and good luck this season.

LOL I've seen way bigger and stronger gates at the entrance to shooting clubs. And they all say "Private Property" which is why I used that analogy.

Okay, let's say you're staying in your RV at a private campground. Some college students crash the gate with the intent to come in and party. You have the first RV on the right, coming in the campground. Is it your job to defend the campground? Do you have the right to defend the whole campground, or just your RV?

There are rules about these things. We aren't reinventing the wheel here. Oh wait, maybe we are. LOL

You're missing my point. The gate is what, 60 feet(?) from their door? It's not a public entrance. It's RIGHT THERE! I feel like you are trying to make this sound like this was just some random public property - an RV lot or campground is nothing like your front yard. If there were 100's of people kicking in a gate 60 feet from your house, you would have just sat back and drank your iced tea? If so, good for you. But I can't blame them for feeling the need to discourage the mob from further destruction. Do I wish the wife had better gun handling skills? Of course, but she was scared and had good reason to be. It's not like they were standing on a street corner threatening people walking down the street. The mob broke through an iron gate and reportedly threatened them. I don't see how anyone can blame them for how they acted.

Of the two choices, Dumb (Private property owners) and Dumber (Rioters), I choose... Eh, this ballot station have a "write in" section?
When society mimics politics! Eh, wait... when politics mimic society... Ah snap! We're chasing our own tail!

And for a brief intermission, (and for a bit of levity - IBTL: enjoy. :)

That gate would have looked a whole lot more impressive with a few 8-inch Columbiads sticking out of the embrasures...might have stopped this entire discussion...just sayin!

You're missing my point. The gate is what, 60 feet(?) from their door? It's not a public entrance. It's RIGHT THERE! I feel like you are trying to make this sound like this was just some random public property - an RV lot or campground is nothing like your front yard. If there were 100's of people kicking in a gate 60 feet from your house, you would have just sat back and drank your iced tea? If so, good for you. But I can't blame them for feeling the need to discourage the mob from further destruction. Do I wish the wife had better gun handling skills? Of course, but she was scared and had good reason to be. It's not like they were standing on a street corner threatening people walking down the street. The mob broke through an iron gate and reportedly threatened them. I don't see how anyone can blame them for how they acted.
You're right. I am missing your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back