Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

My 2016 archery elk

Congrats on a great bull! Too bad about your pack. I try to never drop mine mainly because I hate going back to get it if I need to keep chasing elk. Your story gave me another reason not to do it.

Did your GPS not have the waypoint where you left your pack once you got a new battery in it? Hope you can go find it again. That would kill me, I hate losing gear in the woods.

Nice bull though man

I couldn't finish the story...put new batteries in your GPS and your backpack waypoint should still be in there!!! Your GPS has a capacitor that will store your data for a certain amount of time even without batteries in it...just like when you normally swap batteries!!!

Last edited:
Great bull!! I dropped my pack one time and almost never found it. After reading this, I'll never consider that again! Too many things that can go wrong and like you said everything u need is in the pack

That's an amazing bull!!

What did I miss? Why couldn't you just put new batteries in your GPS and go to your pack. You said you marked it.

I have arrowed nearly all my elk while wearing my pack. No need to drop a pack 95 percent of the time in my particular circumstances and I carry a LOT of stiff daily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back