Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Making It Easy Loading An Elk

I rarely have had the luxury of getting an elk out whole. But pheasants, that's another story.

Attachments

• Keg.JPG
    Keg.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 638
DSC00747.JPG

This stuff is really only as tough as one chooses to make it...BTDT, tried both and one way is wayyyy easier than the other.

Holy man cave! Look at all those pronghorn euros! Now that is a man cave. Not a bad set up there. Just need a flat screen tv and heater out there so you can do your thing with football in the background.

Really though to each his own. That is great he could get an elk out whole. I couldn't imagine ever having that luxury let alone decide if I would load it whole or break it down like always. I would probably still break it down for the reasons Buzz mentioned to avoid the mess and trash pile at home and to cool the meat faster. We should all just let it lay. Can't we all get along?

Holy man cave! Look at all those pronghorn euros! Now that is a man cave. Not a bad set up there. Just need a flat screen tv and heater out there so you can do your thing with football in the background.

Don't have the flat screen, but I can have my garage 80 degrees in about 12 minutes.

The heater I wanted was back ordered and we didn't install it until about December. Hit 26 below in Laramie in mid-November, the coldest the garage dropped to was 41 degrees. That blown in foam insulation is the only way to fly...house/garage is quiet and insulates awesome.

All right I wasn't going to say anything, but after reading through all the BS I have to.
Who gives a rat's arse how you get the animal out? the OP was lucky enough to get a nice cow, and the situation was one where he could get it to the road whole and loaded up. More power to him. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion, except in the case of rancho and buzz, where everyone is entitled to their opinion... How about we all quit the bitch-fest and just be happy the guy was able to get his elk?! Ok, rant over...

Buzz I realize I'm doing it wrong....going with didn't get the memo.

13" ceiling and...yep, took it out whole.....my bad.;)

quarters - and whole.

Get it out however you can - love the bulldozer / front loader pics!
Crazy!

noharley - elegant photos sir. Well done!

Buzz & Greenhorn - envious as always. You guys are unreal.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 575
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 609
I think I got this thread figured out. If you live in a condo you have to take your animal out in pieces, if you live in a house you can take your animal out whole (as long as the condo owners don't hear about it).

If not for the quality of folks from this site that I have been fortunate enough to meet and hunt with, I think I would be punching out after reading this thread. Too many internet tough guys....I sincerely hope this is the exception and not the norm.

I think I got this thread figured out. If you live in a condo you have to take your animal out in pieces, if you live in a house you can take your animal out whole (as long as the condo owners don't hear about it).

..you forgot to consider cul de sac codicils. ;)

Hey guys, I've been the road the last few weeks, so only now am I catching up on some of the threads. I'm not in the mood to read the back and forth middle school-level banter that detracts from these threads.

Note to those expressing their boredom on this and other threads - If you participate in the Hunt Talk forum do so with some level of respect and decency. A lot of really good information here that gets shared by serious hunters. A lot of really good people lurk here without posting and when I ask them why they only lurk the greatest response is that they want no part of the "mental midget wrestling."

Back on track to the original post.

In case you can't tell, my patience is wearing thin. Per my wife's warning, when Fin's patience wears thin, it wears really thin, really fast, and usually with some serious consequences.

Carry on .........

My neighbors are all actually pretty cool...UW head basketball coach is my next door neighbor to the South, assistant coach lives in the house directly to the West. Great people and neighbors, I have no complaints.

Maybe I'll take my hurt feelers down to the 2k SF trophy room, belly up to the bar, and drown my sorrows with some "home brew"

DSC00730.JPG

DSC00731.JPG

Easy place to kick back in and enjoy a cocktail:

Really dig the 10 foot ceilings, makes the animals look good and gives me plenty of needed wall space:

DSC00725.JPG

DSC00726.JPG

DSC00723.JPG

DSC00728.JPG

DSC00727.JPG

They don't all fit in the "cellar"...and 2 of the 3 B&C pronghorn my wife shot have to reside upstairs...its pure misery, but I'll survive.

DSC00720.JPG

Buzz I'm not much for the debate at hand so I''l just get this out of the way...Will you take Me and the Fam hunting...clearly I'm doing something wrong

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back