Yeti GOBOX Collection

Kids never listen

shoots-straight

My hunting season has been less than successful, in so far as filling the freezer. At least it was until this morning. I had given up on elk. Had a nice 5 x 5 inside 30 yrds 4 days ago and couldn't seal the deal. I saw some deer go by my kids stand yesterday morning and told him that if he hunted it he might have a shot at a buck or doe. Well dad really doesn't know what he's talking about, so the kid went to his comfort zone stand. I told him that if he wasn't going to his other stand then I was, and would prove the deer were there by killing one. Right after I got up in the stand, I noticed yellow sided animals down in the flat farm land Three bulls and 5 cows and calves. They could have gone any other direction, but the one they took. I let the cows and little bulls go by knowing they would get my wind. They did, but this bull didn't notice until it was too late. He went less the 50 yrds. Not a bad bull for the last day of season. The pack out was pretty good too. If people only knew how many miles I hiked this year, and the distance away from any road I have been, they would know how outstanding this bull is for me. Thanks to S T for the invitation to hunt with him this year.
picture.php

picture.php

This was how far we had to drag the bull out. Look ma no boned out meat!
picture.php

picture.php

Congrats Shoots. Anyone who logs the days you do, up in that country, deserves one that you can get the truck to.

That's awesome.
Great bull and even cooler being able to drag him in to the truck like that.

Very nice SS! Grats on a last day archery hunt!

So how did you introduce your hunt to your boy? :)

Grats!

nice bull and congrats SS! Youve found where the last of our elk are, down by the people....away from the wolves

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back