Yeti GOBOX Collection

Jonny Football

Hell of a player.

Will end up hurting the A&M program this year at some point. Allowing him at act like a spoiled 3 year old is the first step to watching a program lose traction and starts a spiral down. And yes he should be held to a higher standard on the team and in college football.

I could careless about him, but they called him "Johnny Hancock" on the radio the other morning. That made me laugh.

If he acts like PUNK, talks like a PUNK and looks like a PUNK.........

The Steeler's have a QB just like that, and they paid him $100 million.

I have to admit Roethlisberger has grown up some, but for the first 5-6 years he was a total douche.

I was surprised he stayed with college ball. He coulda quit and signed some huge product endorsement deals, went straight to the CFL for a year or sat out this year and prepped for the pro's next year. He'd be a first round draft choice either way with a multi-million dollar contract and huge bonus. Why risk throwing it all away with a possible injury and all the headache...

The rookie contracts aren't what they used to be. Additionally as quarterback you need to be able to pass the NFL...as in, can you play in the NFL. While he is dynamic and no doubt a terrific player he has much to work on to be viable at the next level. (See Tim Tebow)

I feel like these young athletes get worse every year, but we let them get away with it and reward them with giant paychecks. But we still have guys out there like Andrew Luck who for some reason still seem to have some respect for the people around them, or AJ McCarron who I just saw became the god father of one of his young fans who has leukemia, so I guess I really don't give a s#%! That "Johnny football" is only 19 years old. you are in the public eye, kids look up to you, so get you act together and act like a man. If you want to act like a douche I think the coach should suspend him, someone needs to hold him accountable.

so I guess I really don't give a s#%! That "Johnny football" is only 19 years old. you are in the public eye, kids look up to you, so get you act together and act like a man. If you want to act like a douche I think the coach should suspend him, someone needs to hold him accountable.

I really hate the "kids look up to him" or the "he's a role model" argument. I have talked to my boys since they were small about using athletes as role models. They are not, you don't know them, you don't know anything about them. You can admire how they play their sport, but leave it at that. Role models are people who you know, can talk to, can help you. Moms, Dads, Uncles, Aunts, you get my idea. If you haven't talked to your kids about this, or shown them what role models are about, then I don't feel like you are doing your job.

Johnny Football is a 19 y/o pimply faced boy who can sling the crap out of the pigskin. He does not get paid to play football, it's not his job. He is a college student (supposedly anyway) and the University makes MILLIONS off his arm. If he makes it through college long enough to make it to the NFL where he does get paid, then I can see where it's time to grow up and be a man. At 19 though and a sophomore in college, give me a break. I personally did a whole bunch of stupid things when I was that age.

With all that said, I would love to grab his Daddy and have a long talk with him, then grab every coach who has let him slid because he was their paycheck. I have way more issues with these people than the immature boy everyone thinks should be a man.

Ok, off the soapbox

The guy has some serious issues. I don't ever hope for bad things to happen to the players but he needs a reality check. Maybe by some dumb luck A&M will play South Carolina and Clowney can knock him straight. If not he will sure get a wake up when he is passed over in the first two rounds of the draft if not three due to his attitude and off the field issues.

...let's watch his stock ticker after September 14's game.

Last year, the college's first in the SEC, Texas A&M's athletic department raked in $120 million in revenue, sixth-highest of any school in the country.

How did they do it? In part, merchandising.

A replica #2 jersey goes for $60 through the school's bookstore, just one of the many items for sale with Manziel's number. The jersey was so popular the bookstore sold out of them — all 2,500 — last December, according to ESPN.

The NCAA store, too, has a copious amount of Manziel-related merch. Despite the NCAA's insistence that it does not link apparel to specific players, with a little URL hack, a search for "Manziel" turns up a handful of Aggies items.

Manziel also brought his school a wave of media exposure that was worth an estimated $37 million from last November through early January, according to one study, a period in which Manziel won the Heisman and led the Aggies to a resounding Cotton Bowl win. Speaking of the Cotton Bowl, Texas A&M made $7.45 million just for appearing in that game, a sum they will split with Oklahoma.

Even the school's booster program, the 12th Man Foundation, has made money off Manziel, auctioning a dinner with him for $20,000.

Manziel will see none of that.

The Aggies football staff, however, will. Head football coach Kevin Sumlin got a $1.1 million per season raise thanks to the team's strong 2012 season. The rest of the coaching staff was handed an extra $700,000 to share between them.

Jorgy, that is and awesome rant and great points. I like when you stand no your soap box in the manner you just layer out. I just threw this on here to get some perspective on the thoughts of how our entertainment acts, in our eyes. I am not judging, that is why I added or is it just me. I am sure to some it is me but some feel the same way. I do feel that the college as institutions do take advantage of these kids but what do you do?

Looks like his immaturity off the field is becoming disrespect on the field. mtmuley

As long as he keeps winning big games, driving TV ratings, and putting butts in the $tands he's untouchable for $500 Alex.

When he gets hurts or loses he's yesterday's news.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nomps
Back