CFP Championship Game

EastTNHunter

I see that most are following NFL or FCS football on here, but down here FBS college football is king. Anyone going to watch the game tomorrow night?

I was born in GA and I’m a Dawgs fan so I’ll be pulling for them, but I know that most would rather pull for the underdogs in TCU. Any other Dawgs fans on here?

Man wouldn't it be cool for little school like TCU to get a modern day natty?

Bragging rights for KState should the Horned Frogs win…they would be the only team to defeat a national champion.

Several ‘Bama related media outlets arguing for Co-Champions after failing to get into the playoffs and manhandling the Wildcats in their bowl game.

Bragging rights for KState should the Horned Frogs win…they would be the only team to defeat a national champion.

Several ‘Bama related media outlets arguing for Co-Champions after failing to get into the playoffs and manhandling the Wildcats in their bowl game.
Lifelong Bama fan here. We had the players this year to be national champions on paper, but the games aren't played on paper and Alabama lost twice and could've lost more (Texas, Texas A&M, and Ole Miss). Bama didn't deserve to get in and the playoff committee got it right.

I look at several sports media sites and I talk to fans all the time; I've not come across a single one claiming Bama should be Co-national champions.

All that I can say is that I would be pulling for the underdog if my team wasn’t in it. I get the widespread sentiment behind TCU. It’s a pretty cool storyline: Duggan and his health, his backup-to-starter-to-Heisman-finalist thing, TVU’s “worst to first” with a new coach, David and Goliath feel, etc.

But obviously I’m pulling for my Dawgs. They have a pretty cool storyline too. Bennett can write his fairytale ending (but the media is pushing that narrative, not him), 15 players chosen in last year’s draft so “they shouldn’t be here,” heavy freshman lift, key injuries, etc.

Both teams have earned their way there. Hopefully it’s a good game, and the refs call it clean (both of the CFP semifinal games had lots to be desired in that regard, although I feel that the refs were not biased in either one; they missed several calls for/against all 4 teams). I’m not a night owl, so a late start for us Eastern time zone folks is tough to take for this old bird.

I’m neutral on this one! On paper, Georgia is the better team. That was also true for Michigan last week, as stated above games are played on the field. TCU has been a good story and it may actually be scary once Sonny has a couple years to recruit his own guys.

I think it takes another shocking performance from TCU to knock off Georgia. Sure would be fun to watch tho… I think Georgia wins but TCU covers. I haven’t seen enough from Georgia’s offense to make me think they’ll just bury TCU.

I’m pulling for Georgia! I’m partial to them because of a military buddy loved them. They grew on me while watching them be destroyed by Alabama every year. Sort of glad they’re doing well after the punishment they used to take.

I grew to root for Georgia in recent years when they just couldn't get over the bama hump. Still like their style, but since they're not playing a Bama/Clemson type blueblood im leaning towards wanting TCU on this one. Happy for either program.

That was so easy that it scares me. Very little resistance. I hope that they don’t get cocky or lulled into laziness

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back