Caribou Gear Tarp

I've about had enough

Maybe I'm taking this out of context but is this a jab a Buzz?
Incredibly astute of you sir, has nothing to do with the overall topic it was just a keyboard version of irrational exuberance brought on by the observation of Karma completing its orbit and dumping a hat load of elk beans down Buzzard Breath's shirt...

If nothing else, I've probably scared off every Hunt Talker from ever again wanting to apply with us for a filmed hunt.

No way, I'm sure you'd still have a line out the door, dealing with scumbags would be a small price to pay to hunt with you and your crew Randy!

As far as the idiots harassing you, they are the poachers, the law violators, the guys riding atvs off the trail, the losers whose lives are permeated by jealousy of what they don't have because they won't work hard enough to earn it themselves...they will NEVER find true purpose or fulfillment in their lives, let 'em rot!

I think there should a hunt in one of the worse areas in the west to hunt in either for animal size or hunting pressure or any other reason. No preseason scouting just go in the first day of the season and kill an elk during the hunt. For a lot of people it seems like an elk is so magical creature that only shows itself to worthy people. When the fact is elk are there it just takes a hunter who is willing to put in some time and work for that elk.

Pick the crapest unit with the worse success rate that has access to public land and I would carry a pack for 10 days.

Yeah this sucks, just like all the others said. I had a bad thought pop into my head. If this guy, or any other for that matter, has your log-in access could they go in at some point and mess with your applications? THAT would surely merit a more "personal conversation".

Thanks again for the support and encouragement. When I draw my Montana sheep tag this year, the unit I draw will be no secret that requires a FOIA request; starts with a 6, ends with a 0, and has an 8 in the middle.

Emergency closure this year. Bummer deal.

I think there should a hunt in one of the worse areas in the west to hunt in either for animal size or hunting pressure or any other reason. No preseason scouting just go in the first day of the season and kill an elk during the hunt. For a lot of people it seems like an elk is so magical creature that only shows itself to worthy people. When the fact is elk are there it just takes a hunter who is willing to put in some time and work for that elk.

Pick the crapest unit with the worse success rate that has access to public land and I would carry a pack for 10 days.

I believe there was somewhat of an attempt at this in the earlier years of On Your Own Adventures with 2 or 3 years of Colorado OTC elk hunts. I believe there were shots fired in at least one episode but failing camera light, aspen trees, self imposed 5 day hunt limits, and a few other things kept getting in the way of getting an elk on the ground that I can remember.

Incredibly astute of you sir, has nothing to do with the overall topic it was just a keyboard version of irrational exuberance brought on by the observation of Karma completing its orbit and dumping a hat load of elk beans down Buzzard Breath's shirt...

No need to be condescending. I Guess you and Buzz have some history I'm not aware of. Carry on squirrel

Just spent a bunch of time on the phone with UT DWR. Got in touch with a really good guy. He has offered to do what he can to help. Said he really enjoyed the bison hunt day-by-day version on YouTube.

He is working with the outside contractor UTDWR uses for applications and drawings. The will remove my SSN from the record and not allow my account to be signed into using that method. That should prevent some of the worst case scenarios that would bother me the most.

He also told me that a GRAMA request, Utah's version of a FOIA request, had been made of me. He said they (legal staff) denied the first request, as it requested too much personal information. He said they did have to honor the second request, as it did not include a request for personal information, beyond my name, and reduced the scope of their original request to be my application and drawing history. I guess that explains how someone could send me a smart ass email regarding details of my Utah application history.

He told me that he expected my call someday. He was very apologetic that Utah law allows such and that Utah law does not require notification of the person who is the subject of a GRAMA request. That explains why I was not notified of a request focused on me.

He gave me all of his contact information and asked me to contact him directly if ever I needed help with anything related to UT. Happy to have connected with a guy as helpful as he was. I'm sure he had better things to do this morning than to spend it on my requests.

So, now that the SSN log-in possibility is solved, my applications should be safe from anyone wanting to do something bad to my account. If you want to know my Utah application and drawing history, I guess it is readily available by requesting such. Or, you can just watch our YouTube channel and pretty easily figure it out.

I just want to go hunt the chukars I heard in your mule deer hunt.

I just want to go hunt the chukars I heard in your mule deer hunt.

Go get them. So nobody has to file a FOIA or GRAMA request, that was in the Filmore-Oak Creek unit. NW corner where the main road comes in. Hang a right and go south. First big canyon that runs east toward Fool Creek Peak, was full of chukar and void of deer. A herd of elk up at the head of the basin.

Last edited:
Go get them. So nobody has to file a FOIA or GRAMA request, that was in the Filmore-Oak Creek unit. NW corner where the main road comes in. Hang a right and go south. First big canyon that runs east toward Fool Creek Peak, was full of chukar and void of deer. A herd of elk up at the head of the basin.

Finn said you’re welcome to join us 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
It's truly a sad time we're living in these days......one of the reasons I don't post many pictures anymore. Jealsous, self-righteous 'hunters' (or flat brimmers) with a desire to do ANYTHING to gain instant success with little effort or time.....and more importantly, internet fame. Unfortunately, Randy and Buzz, it's where we're at and it's damn sad to see, pards.

The last 20 years of my career, before I recently retired, I dealt with public record requests.....most of them from news organizations, papers, and the ACLU. :) I don't envy you. However, in ALL states personal information cannot be released without your consent or a court order. You have some action that could be taken, amigo.

Sorry to hear about everything Randy. Some people just suck at life. Good news is they probably suck at hunting too lol

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back