I've about had enough

I've been using FOIA requests in AZ for over a decade, not that long in WY but I believe most don't have the ambition to go that route. There were only two of us getting the AZ info until a cpl years ago. The clown that was pissed at Randy had some motivation but many don't. You can get most of the old "secret" info now from gohunt and toprut; AZ and WY point pools for example, so if you're a member, there isn't really a need to get it from the dept.

In years past you could just walk in top the G&F office in Cheyenne and look at the list of licenses and who drew them. Now you have to pay I believe but the information is public knowledge. I know I have looked at the license list in the past.
JM77 do you know if this is still true?

I was told that they only charge if it takes a lot of time to fulfill your request.

You can use this email link [email protected] with the questions you have, what you would like to find out, they will let you know if something is off limits or something they can't do.

It truly is amazing what some people’s jealousy and absolute stupidity has done to hunting and many other activities we all enjoy.
I hope Randy and Buzz know that we as TRUE sportsman support what they stand for and do on a daily basis for the sport of hunting we love so much!
Whoever turned in Buzz is just plain ridiculous. Anyone watching the video can tell he is just a friend helping another friends son which I’m sure many of us have done numerous times over the years!

Weird times we live in a lot of people are looking for a leg up without putting the work in. I’d say it comes with the territory as annoying as it might be, commercializing a public resource isn’t for everyone.

Kinda goes without saying, but there's an obvious and significant disparity in fairness in using FOIA's to request Randy's draw history. Everyone knows Randy's name, whereas very few people on here or on other boards use their legal names when showing photos/videos of actual hunts. So it's a "show me yours, but I won't show you (or anyone else) mine"

It truly is amazing what some people’s jealousy and absolute stupidity has done to hunting and many other activities we all enjoy.
I hope Randy and Buzz know that we as TRUE sportsman support what they stand for and do on a daily basis for the sport of hunting we love so much!
Whoever turned in Buzz is just plain ridiculous. Anyone watching the video can tell he is just a friend helping another friends son which I’m sure many of us have done numerous times over the years!

I recall a game processor in Wyoming saying that there's no law against hunting with a friend.

Kinda goes without saying, but there's an obvious and significant disparity in fairness in using FOIA's to request Randy's draw history. Everyone knows Randy's name, whereas very few people on here or on other boards use their legal names when showing photos/videos of actual hunts. So it's a "show me yours, but I won't show you (or anyone else) mine"

Draw results are public info so no FOIA request should be needed for that. App data for filming permits might be a different story. They would likely be specific about where the filming is/was to take place. I'll be getting a tag for WY area 29, but that tells you nothing about where in area 29 I will be. If filming on private land is a film permit still needed?

No film permit for private I don’t think. also no personally identifiable info is supposed to be released with a FOIA request. I think that’s law. Who knows though I’m certainly not an expert just what I’ve heard.

Not sure how I missed this thread. I can understand somebody sleuthing a spot from the video, I am guilty, I recognize many landmarks/features from Randy's videos. That's the risk you run from doing what he does. I've scoured the internet for threads and photo's too, from hunters to jeepers to hikers researching spots. That's part of the fun of the research for me, especially if that person has willingly put the information on a public forum for people to see. From the other side I've also cringed as he's posted video's/pictures from places that I've been applying for myself. The door swings both ways....

But for someone to go to this extent is criminal in my opinion. If I were in Randy's shoes, I'd hire a hacker/computer forensics person to track this a-hole and nail their a$$ for invasion of privacy and harassment. Karma is a mother#$%@# and I hope whoever this is gets caught.....or beat up in a dark alley...

Last edited:
From the other side I've also cringed as he's posted video's/pictures from places that I've been applying for myself. The door swings both ways....

The Wyoming elk tag in question will now be a max point draw maybe it already was.
To the low life’s stealing people’s info though there is just no excuse for that stupidity.

Not sure how I missed this thread. I can understand somebody sleuthing a spot from the video, I am guilty, I recognize many landmarks/features from Randy's videos. That's the risk you run from doing what he does. I've scoured the internet for threads and photo's too, from hunters to jeepers to hikers researching spots. That's part of the fun of the research for me, especially if that person has willingly put the information on a public forum for people to see. From the other side I've also cringed as he's posted video's/pictures from places that I've been applying for myself. The door swings both ways....

But for someone to go to this extent is criminal in my opinion. If I were in Randy's shoes, I'd hire a hacker/computer forensics person to track this a-hole and nail their a$$ for invasion of privacy and harassment. Karma is a mother#$%@# and I hope whoever this is gets caught.....or beat up in a dark alley...

I remember reading of instances in the past where someone posted pics of their trophy in tabloids, etc. and others recognized features in the pics that ended up with the hunter/s getting nabbed for game violations.

Man this is some crazy stuff that Randy has to put up with. I didn't even think about FOIAs till this post. Some people have to much time on their hands. I can understand your frustration on this subject. Keep on making videos because we all enjoy it. I just hope this incident hasn't deterred you from continuing to make new content for us to enjoy.

Last edited:
Keep on making videos because we all enjoy it. I just hope this indecent hasn't deterred you from continuing to make new content for us to enjoy.

Nope, not deterred. Back chugging along. Over the eleven years of doing these platforms, I've dealt with far more frustrating events than these.

Looking back, I realize that the day I posted this I was venting from the cumulative load of things that had been piling up over many months, triggered by another day invested in film permit applications. That application headed off the rails over my refusal to give requested unnecessary information, with such refusal triggered by events of the past few months and prior FOIA issues.

I probably could/should have just taken a day off and not bothered folks here with the complaints from my end.

Nope, not deterred. Back chugging along. Over the eleven years of doing these platforms, I've dealt with far more frustrating events than these.

Looking back, I realize that the day I posted this I was venting from the cumulative load of things that had been piling up over many months, triggered by another day invested in film permit applications. That application headed off the rails over my refusal to give requested unnecessary information, with such refusal triggered by events of the past few months and prior FOIA issues.

I probably could/should have just taken a day off and not bothered folks here with the complaints from my end.
[/
. If this tread has shown you anything is that you have the support from most of us, most of us look forward to seeing your shows and enjoy your tips and advice.

I've been hesitant on posting on this thread - but here is a point that hasn't been elucidated.

It's not like the main focus of Randy's show is to go out and get a "booner" every hunt. It's about the experience, hunting with close friends and family. He's shown multiple episodes where the animal is "sub-par". How many episode's show no animal on the ground? I couldn't care less what area/unit or to get more specific on creeks/draws etc that could be gleamed from a FOIA.

The point is that Randy brings home why we all hunt. Every episode.

If some a$$hat goes digging into this info - whether legal or not - just to try and "get a booner". Well, f-them and the horse they rode in on. It's not about the damn kill.

Sorry for the profuse and straight forward approach. I get really exhausted when the focus is all about inches - and Randy does an excellent job of shifting the focus away from that.

I proudly show episodes of Randy's to my kids. I don't have to pre-screen them - and to me that is huge because I really want my kids to have a positive view on what we do as a lifestyle.

To summarize, Randy's show is awesome. Some people suck. This thread shows there is an army behind Randy that will go to great lengths to minimize his frustration and maximize the pain of the accuser/offender, on request of course.

I proudly show episodes of Randy's to my kids. I don't have to pre-screen them - and to me that is huge because I really want my kids to have a positive view on what we do as a lifestyle.

Totally agree, love that we can turn on Fresh Tracks without worrying that there will be questionable content.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back